Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Reddit poster reported he tried to delay his EDD 30 days and was told by Tesla in a text that they will no longer allow delays of more than 14 days. Now 14 days and accept delivery or they cancel the order. Anyone have experience with this?

A Reddit poster reported he tried to delay his EDD 30 days and was told by Tesla in a text that they will no longer allow delays of more than 14 days. Now 14 days and accept delivery or they cancel the order. Anyone have experience with this?

Here is a Tesla MVPA. Its pretty clear that it currently says 14 days. Depends on what yours said when you ordered, but this is the current agreement. Thank everyone who abused the order hold situation at the end of last year for this./

Relevant text:

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 2.39.50 PM.png

That must be a very recent change. I ordered my MS at the beginning of September and my paperwork said 30 days. They said my current order would auto cancel if I don’t click “I’m Ready” by 10/15.

For my MY purchase last year, it said 90 days. Interestingly, in 2018 when I ordered the M3 there was no mention of orders being cancelled.

Based on other posts don’t need to do anything until you get the “prepare for delivery” with a set of dates. Then you say unable those dates and
My order says 30
Things change quick around here. my EDD moved to Dec 08-31 yesterday… today received email saying to schedule delivery last two weeks of October… VIN is a 2022 (NF).

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will no􏰁fy you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca􏰁on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our no􏰁fica􏰁on or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first a􏰃empt to no􏰁fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

My paperwork says I have 30
Days to take delivery from their first attempt. I ordered 10 months ago. I assume that means I have 30 days right?

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will no􏰁fy you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca􏰁on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our no􏰁fica􏰁on or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first a􏰃empt to no􏰁fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

My paperwork says I have 30
Days to take delivery from their first attempt. I ordered 10 months ago. I assume that means I have 30 days right?
I had same language for my MVPA. I ordered 12 months ago. I called and asked for 30 day hold and was told okay. App said I was on hold but when I went into manage account the date the hold was set to expire was only 24 days. Don’t know why. When I called again, I was told I couldn’t change it. It worked out okay for me but your mileage may vary!

I had same language for my MVPA. I ordered 12 months ago. I called and asked for 30 day hold and was told okay. App said I was on hold but when I went into manage account the date the hold was set to expire was only 24 days. Don’t know why. When I called again, I was told I couldn’t change it. It worked out okay for me but your mileage may vary!
I need to delay till Jan 1st. Can’t sell some stock till 2023. I want to pay off all at once and take no loan. Auto loan Interest rates are Nuts! Do I ignore the first reach out for 29 days and then put the order on hold? Any tips out there?

I need to delay till Jan 1st. Can’t sell some stock till 2023. I want to pay off all at once and take no loan. Auto loan Interest rates are Nuts! Do I ignore the first reach out for 29 days and then put the order on hold? Any tips out there?

If you ignore the reach out / scheduling (if your vin gets assigned), I predict you will be another in a line of people talking about "Tesla canceled my order and says there is nothing they can do!!!!!!!"

Reactions: Leeclanual