Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in autopilot and summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone notice that half sec delay you get with summon and autopilot sometimes? When I use the key to cancel summon, it takes more than half a sec before the car reacts and stops. The same goes for when someone drips into your lane, the car takes another split sec to response rather than reacting immediately

• Helpful
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
Yes I have noticed that. And I noticed today when I had AP on and rain started, it would hit brakes hard when I approached an overpass. Did it twice. Luckily no one behind me either time, and I then took AP off. I assume it was bc difference in wet road and dry road under overpass. Still, could have been an issue if someone was following behind me for sure. Anyone noticed this? I just updated to 2018.26.3 last week...I’ve only had car (M3) a month, so not sure if this is a new issue or not. Anyone else seen this?

Yes I have noticed that. And I noticed today when I had AP on and rain started, it would hit brakes hard when I approached an overpass. Did it twice. Luckily no one behind me either time, and I then took AP off. I assume it was bc difference in wet road and dry road under overpass. Still, could have been an issue if someone was following behind me for sure. Anyone noticed this? I just updated to 2018.26.3 last week...I’ve only had car (M3) a month, so not sure if this is a new issue or not. Anyone else seen this?

I read in manual that not safe to use in rain.