TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delayed Delivery Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tropical1, Mar 10, 2018.

1. tropical1

tropical1 Member

My original date for delivery of my Model 3 was February 27 and it has continually been delayed to the current date of March 15. Hoping this actually happens. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Tesla gave me a rental (because I sold my S) and their inventory is so low that they don’t have any Tesla loaners. On asking about status it seems that the car was perpetually in transit. My Vin is like 64xx. Pearl white.

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Seems to be less common at this point, but it happens. You’ll forget it happend by March 16.

3. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Hi neighbor. I am scheduled to pick up my Pearl White Vin 6401 this afternoon. I was notified on March 2nd and haven't heard anything since then, so I'm assuming it's still on, and I don't get a bad phone call in the next couple hours.

4. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

VIN 62xx here, delivered on 3/5. Seemed as if transit took around 2 weeks. Was told that the Tampa service center has delivered over 100 M3s. I counted 10 being prepped for delivery while I was there.

• Like x 1
  5. emlombardo

emlombardo Member

So far I've been told March 26th, March 16th, March 15th, and then March 19th.

My insurance agent is going to murder me if I call her with another date.

I'm not too upset, I expected to be waiting to June when they bumped estimates out to Mar - May but it sure would be nice to just have a reliable date.

• Funny x 1
  6. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Hey neighbors. I took delivery of pearl white VIN 57xx on 2/26. Hopefully will be at duPont cars and coffee next Saturday.

• Like x 2
  7. tropical1

tropical1 Member

Thanks for the replies. I am very hopeful everything stays on target for Thursday. Bobinfla did you pick yours up today in Tampa?

8. BayArea3

BayArea3 Member

Ohhhh I hope one of ones being prepped is ours. If not, it is still in transit!!