Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delete Nav History?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My navigation history (list of past nav destinations) has become pretty long so wanted to clear it out.

This appears to have been made even more difficult in recent software versions.

To delete a nav history item, you have to press and hold it for about a second, then tap the X that appears.

To delete the entire list it looks like you would have to do this for every destination in the list.

Am I missing the "Delete All" button somewhere?

I think the Factory Reset to delete everything (as in when you sell the car) is the only current option. Don't know of app specific 'clear all' options. Not sure you want to do that one! How is the list being long a pain? Does it slow it down?

Not really a pain. Was just trying to tidy things up. I know a long list used to cause performance issues in nav but that's been fixed.

Tesla probably just decided to not have the user worry about it. I think they automatically delete destinations older than 6 months or a year now anyway.

Not really a pain. Was just trying to tidy things up. I know a long list used to cause performance issues in nav but that's been fixed.

Tesla probably just decided to not have the user worry about it. I think they automatically delete destinations older than 6 months or a year now anyway.
Gotcha... would be nice to have a way to start fresh in each app!

using the press and hold / tap the X to delete Nav items, I notice that certain Nav entries can't be deleted.
(I did not know swipe right did anything...)

i.e. the item momentarily seems to be deleted (disappear from the list), but if I exit the Nav and go back to the Nav then they imediately reappear in the list in its original position. Anyone else seen this?

it seems to only be a few certain entries older than a couple weeks (maybe just coincidental). Some list items delete permanently as expected.

If I select one of the problem nav entries, it loads in the Nav as a current/today entry at top of the list, and still cannot be deleted. Even if I delete the problem entries then immediately reboot the CID before returning to the Nav, those problem entries still reappear after the reboot next time I go into the Nav list

EEK- when I delete something, I assume it is GONE. I don't even check later to see if it reappears. Rebooting brings up deleted items? I will now go and check for My deletions, and will also modify all my computer actions to review deletions for durability.
f-stop...you just scared me. What if my wife finds out I was looking for fried food?

EEK- when I delete something, I assume it is GONE. I don't even check later to see if it reappears. Rebooting brings up deleted items? I will now go and check for My deletions, and will also modify all my computer actions to review deletions for durability.
f-stop...you just scared me. What if my wife finds out I was looking for fried food?
TD's?

Just sayin'... isn't it *more* suspicious to have a totally empty nav history....? :D
yeah, empty is not good. Deleting select lines is less noticeable . But more to the point - I want to keep many/most of my entries...just want to delete trivial entries for errands. A line-by-line veto is perfect. Would not want a blanket delete (except during sale of car, or other extreme)

The fact they didn't allow u to manage the list by flagging all to delete at once or have the list NOT run the device out of memory until it locks while I'm driving, means they have not thought things through.

Tesla, I offered....how about you reconsider.