Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Appointment on Website; No Email/Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my 3rd Tesla but I've never had this experience before...Website currently shows a delivery appointment at my local Service Center for June 4 at 10:30am. Source Code shows VIN ending in 3600. No email, no call, no communications from Tesla at all.

Not sure if this is a placeholder because of COVID craziness, or if I should expect that it will hold (or be around that timeframe). Obviously I'll call Tesla soon, but was curious if anyone else had the same experience on the site.

Likewise, checking the status on the web site, my order shows a RN still for Vin ending 33xx. No contact at all, no call, no text like our former M3. Seems the order is stuck in limbo. Will call them tomorrow and check on status.

Called Tesla this morning to inquire. They have indicated my VIN was matched to my RN on May 18 (so 3 days ago) and that it shows it's still at Factory. So presumably being built still? Or been sitting in dust. Need to check the build date on the Y. So it should be 2-3 weeks out she said. She also indicated Tesla should be contacting me soon via call/text.

My VIN just showed in source code. Spoke to my buddy who works at Tesla to get the scoop. Car doesn't exist yet it's still in pre-production but the vehicle is allocated. Suggested mid to late June delivery.

Did your buddy indicate it's possible to have a lower 33XX VIN that's just in pre-production as well? And these higher VIN's I'm seeing reported by others in the 5XXX and 6XXX are just VIN # matching for future builds? Or it's pretty much, when they decide to build in mass blocks a certain style/color they just roll through all matched VIN's which just varies?

Did your buddy indicate it's possible to have a lower 33XX VIN that's just in pre-production as well? And these higher VIN's I'm seeing reported by others in the 5XXX and 6XXX are just VIN # matching for future builds? Or it's pretty much, when they decide to build in mass blocks a certain style/color they just roll through all matched VIN's which just varies?

I didn't ask but I cannot imagine that would be the case. I would assume it was reallocated to you based on others declining theirs.

Called Tesla this morning to inquire. They have indicated my VIN was matched to my RN on May 18 (so 3 days ago) and that it shows it's still at Factory. So presumably being built still? Or been sitting in dust. Need to check the build date on the Y. So it should be 2-3 weeks out she said. She also indicated Tesla should be contacting me soon via call/text.

What number did you call to inquire?

My VIN is 57XX and rolled off the line last Sunday. Hopefully it will get to me in NM by the end of next week.

I should mention that my config is the Performance with PUP, Red, White Interior, and FSD. Seems unlikely (based on how few white interiors got out) that VIN3600 has been sitting in Fremont since shut down having already been built; SO, I'm prone to believe that a batch of VINS from 3k-6k were allocated and not produced (or in mid-production as of shut-down) and are getting built now.

Obviously I'm hoping for a quality build so I'm nervous about the timing.