Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DELIVERY at Montreal - POLL accept or refuse

Would you accept or refuse delivery?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I had a delivery scheduled today and there were quite some scratches on the TM3 black. Please see link for pictures :
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Di5PNULPW5WJMvmL8

The lady spent a maximum of 5 mins with me showing the scratches that she took note. She didn't show me how the car works or present me anything else of the car. We sat in the car for 30 seconds and she opened the door to ask if I was ready to sign the papers.

...scratches...

It's just superficial and easily remedied by post-delivery repairs.

If you are in a hurry to get yours, I would accept it and Tesla will give you a loaner to drive while the problems are fixed. The advantage is your car mileage won't be racked up while it's being repaired even though you can do all-you-can drive with the loaner.

If you are not in a hurry to get a new car, then you don't have to accept this car. The disadvantage is the waiting time. The advantage is you don't have to go back and forth to fix the problems.

Last edited:
It's just superficial and easily remedied by post-delivery repairs.

If you are in a hurry to get yours, I would accept it and Tesla will give you a loaner to drive while the problems are fixed. The advantage is you car mileage won't be racked up while it's being repaired even though you can do all-you-can drive with the loaner.

If you are not in a hurry to get a new car. The disadvantage is the waiting time. The advantage is you don't have to go back and forth to fix the problems.
Thanks for the reply

I didn't precise but I had plan to do a full Xpel wrap in two days and I didn't feel like wrapping over these scratches especially the first one which seems more of a paint job.

The lady never gave me the option to leave the car there and give me a loaner.

My options were :
1) I take the car and mobile team will contact me with unknown waiting time (I asked her if it was 1 week or 1 month? She said she can't tell me). In other words, no loaners. I have to drive home with that car.
2) I don't accept and another car will have to match me, in other words they'll have to give this car to someone else

Last edited:
You only get a loaner when your car is in a repair shop.

You drive your new car home and get an appointment to get it to a repair shop in exchange for a loaner at that time.
Ah okay thanks, I refused the delivery as she couldn't confirm me how long it would take... It sounded like it could take 1 month before someone would call me.

I told her I had the wrap scheduled in a couple days and I was planning to only drive the car to the wrap garage. And if no timeline can be given to me then the car staying in my garage versus them getting me another VIN is the same to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if I get a new delivery date faster than the mobile service calling me and fixing everything at a repair shop.