Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date and Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date is scheduled for December. How long after receiving notification do I have to take delivery. Can I finish all the requirements for delivery but actually take delivery in 2023 will I be able to take the new tax credit?

Our delivery is set for Dec 30th. Hoping it doesn't snow as I have a 5-page checklist to go through.
That said, much of my excitement has dwindled due to all the QC Issue Posts I've read. 😞
My excitement decreased too. I took delivery and had some panel gap issues where Tesla said it is within spec. One of the service guys agrees with me but he said Tesla has a measurement they go by and it is within those numbers. He did say they will do anything you want for a price. I might go online and see if there is a certified shop to help fix the issue. I am not happy with Tesla but thought that the quality issues were getting better, guessed wrong!

Upvote 0
My excitement decreased too. I took delivery and had some panel gap issues where Tesla said it is within spec. One of the service guys agrees with me but he said Tesla has a measurement they go by and it is within those numbers. He did say they will do anything you want for a price. I might go online and see if there is a certified shop to help fix the issue. I am not happy with Tesla but thought that the quality issues were getting better, guessed wrong!
Seems ridiculous to be forced to "accept" an auto makers own specs with panel gaps. They should get it right the first time. I've owned several other vehicles with ZERO panel gaps misalignments. That said, on all the Teslas Ive seen you really have to look for the issues in most cases. Average person will never see the gaps. Still not okay...

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Upvote 0
Well, 2-days before my delivery Tesla contacted me and pushed it a week. It's frustrating as I talked to them the day before and they said we were on track so I made plans for Detailing, Wrap, Ceramic, Tint and Tires. They said its weather related which I understanding but I would think they'd know if its pushing a week the day before delivery... Anyway, the wait continues.
But, remember if YOU miss it by 3 days, your vehicle has gone to someone else. I thought they were interested in closing out the quarter with a lot of deliveries. What a mess. Do you lose the $7500 discount? Disgusting.

Upvote 0
Update: My DD after being pushed was Jan 4th but they texted me yesterday an hour before they close saying it’s rdy for pickup. I’m 45min away and couldn’t get there in time. They’re closed today and I think tomorrow because of holiday. My app still says Jan 4th delivery. I’ve heard horror stories about the three day window, but the holidays are not my fault so I should be OK. 😔

Upvote 0
He ordered a model X
Thanks. Discount doesn't apply, but the three-day rule does. Hopefully, there will be an exception for the holiday.
They need to do a lot better on the delivery notices. They know it is on the truck and en route.

So does he get the shudder-on- acceleration for FREE? I've had two Model Xs with it. Guess they need to do better on that as well.
Dancing doors and farts work though!

Upvote 0
I have the Text record showing I was ready to pickup ANY day. They said Wednesday so if they give away my vehicle you’ll be seeing me on the news… 😯
We wish you all the luck in the world and may your Model X be defect-free and loads of fun to drive. Congratulations! You will love it.
Don't believe any of the negative comments about the doors. I never had a problem with them on either of the two Xs.

Upvote 0
w
Thanks. Discount doesn't apply, but the three-day rule does. Hopefully, there will be an exception for the holiday.
They need to do a lot better on the delivery notices. They know it is on the truck and en route.

So does he get the shudder-on- acceleration for FREE? I've had two Model Xs with it. Guess they need to do better on that as well.
Dancing doors and farts work though!
What is the 3 day rule?

Upvote 0
I don’t believe it’s official, but it’s been stated many times in forums and on videos that once Tesla gives you a delivery date you must pick it up within three days. If not, there is a chance they will give your car to someone else and you will go to the back of the list.
ohh that yes, they told me the same thing about picking up. I thought you meant something else. lol

Upvote 0
w

What is the 3 day rule?
If you don't pick me up your car 3 days after they notify you, they give it to someone else.

They changed my delivery date about a dozen times and a couple weeks before they scheduled date, they moved it up from June 20 to May 17. I explained that I wouldn't back from Thailand until May 20,
I begged to pay for it on advance. "No"
Asked if I could have someone accept for me? "No" With power of attorney? "No"
Said, " But this is my 8th Tesla."

Response: "So?"

So much for "customer loyalty"

It actually arrived on May 23.
I told him it was outside of the 3 day window so I didn't want it."

Just kidding. You follow their rules, but they don't follow any rules.

That's when I also bought about a Hyundai 5 and would have chosen it over the Model Y for $20000 less, heads up display, 110 inverter and remote glass roof curtain, two years of free supercharging and $7500 tax credit.

I couldn't adjust to the Hyundai less than optimal autopilot due to my body/brain memory and I didn't like the push button start, so I kept the Model Y and sold the Ioniq 5 for a profit.

I have an early CYBRTRK order, but my second EV will likely be another brand.

As other manufacturers develop, Tesla will come to realize that "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear."

Hey,
Hyundai delivered on they day they promised, and even offered me free oil changes. Seriously!

Hey, I mentioned on this forum about a month ago that the Chinese Head Tom Zhu may be taking over a good portion of Tesla.

Of course, I got a lot of thumbs down.
Oh well. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

"It looks increasingly likely that Zhu is going to be made president of Tesla Automotive – a similar role that Jerome Guillen held a few years ago at Tesla before he went back to the Tesla Semi program and later left the company."

Tesla Inc's head of China, Tom Zhu, has taken over responsibilities for sales, service and deliveries in North America.

Upvote 0
You guys aren’t going to believe it. We arrived 5min before delivery time and the vehicle was ready. We spent 45min inspecting and all basic functions are solid. Paint and Interior are in great shape and for the finale- there are NO Panel Gap issues! Needles to say we were shocked and very pleasantly surprised.

I asked the manager why the vehicle was in such good shape (which is a question one should not have to ask but…) and the she explained that they have a dedicated person that inspects and signs off on all vehicles prior to delivery. That’s literally their only job. Beyond that a Service person and Detailer must also sign off so it’s a 3-stage process. So either we got super lucky or they fixed any issues before we arrived. Either way it was a fantastic experience!

So the real test comes in this next week or so after we’ve driven it and tested everything with great detail. We’re optimistic but feeling blessed 😇 right now.

I’ve included a pic of the side showing how straight the doors line up.

0501DE46-7D02-406E-81BA-5FBE9E1DE4AB.jpeg

Upvote 0
You guys aren’t going to believe it. We arrived 5min before delivery time and the vehicle was ready. We spent 45min inspecting and all basic functions are solid. Paint and Interior are in great shape and for the finale- there are NO Panel Gap issues! Needles to say we were shocked and very pleasantly surprised.

I asked the manager why the vehicle was in such good shape (which is a question one should not have to ask but…) and the she explained that they have a dedicated person that inspects and signs off on all vehicles prior to delivery. That’s literally their only job. Beyond that a Service person and Detailer must also sign off so it’s a 3-stage process. So either we got super lucky or they fixed any issues before we arrived. Either way it was a fantastic experience!

So the real test comes in this next week or so after we’ve driven it and tested everything with great detail. We’re optimistic but feeling blessed 😇 right now.

View attachment 892446
Congrats enjoy that great car. For the majority the experience is the same yet few post positive experiences.

Upvote 0

View attachment 892446
Not my experience. I guess at my service center they didn’t hire for that position lol!

Upvote 0