Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Received but ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery date received in email on Saturday and email says a weird date probably from an earlier email template. And delivery location is not Home Delivery as mentioned in earlier order screens. Immediately replied to IDA asking about time/location and whether the delivery date can be changed if they are not doing home delivery. Responded with correct date but no mentioning of my other questions.

Followed up with 3 emails asking whether the delivery can be changed to home delivery or change to a better time/date. Received no response in 3 days. Just now I paid my final payment online but I don't know what I need to bring to the delivery. Sent my IDA one more email asking about changing the date/time. Not sure whether I will get response tomorrow. And the confirmed delivery date is the day after tomorrow.

Is this normal?

Par for the course!

I’m on week 5 and just got an email to pickup my car in NY (145 mi away) today after being scheduled for delivery yesterday. Meanwhile, I live in RI and can’t drive 35 miles to pickup my car in MA for some strange reason.

Tesla has no idea how to deliver these vehicles. My guess is that you will come home one day and the car will be waiting in your driveway.

Delivery Experience

Reactions: neroden
It seems their communication process is not very standardized. Aside from the "Thanks for your order" email the only other emails I've received have been from the manager of the store where I'm picking it up, and that was a "Hey, we look forward to seeing you" email. All of my contact with my delivery advisor has been through text and he's been super prompt and very helpful in his replies. I must have checked a box somewhere that said communicate via text ...

Haha. I’m glad I joined. Up until the last month the process of ordering our model 3 has been great.

The last month has been terrible. Extremely disorganized. We got the text saying our car was ready. Ok, then got our VIN 2 weeks later when it was at the distribution center. Then it was a scramble to finalize financing, since I couldn’t do that without the vin. Paid extra to expidite the process then overnighted the check for final payment to Tesla. That was a week ago and nothing... email our advisor daily and nothing. I called the dealership yesterday where our car is supposed to be and they said it could take 2-3 weeks to get picked up by transport to be delivered. Really? I told my wife yesterday I wouldn’t be at all supprised if one day we get a call from a transport driver sitting with it in our driveway.

Reactions: neroden
Same here, it’s been 5 days now and she has gone ghost and not answering my question. I’ll just patiently wait till I get my VIN then give her a call.
My delivery date is 11/1 and haven’t got my VIN yet, Not sure how much time they will give me so I can get my loan going, The only people that call me are 2 separate Owner advisors(mine won’t respond to messages) trying to sell me a mid range lol....I’m ordering a p3d+ I don’t want a mid range

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Do not make final payment until you have inspected the car. If they give you any noise about that escalate up the chain of command. Don't be surprised to see VINs change, sometimes more than once. Sometimes even at delivery.

They are NOT dealerships. Dealerships have specific legal responsibilities that delivery centers do not.

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
My delivery date is 11/1 and haven’t got my VIN yet, Not sure how much time they will give me so I can get my loan going, The only people that call me are 2 separate Owner advisors(mine won’t respond to messages) trying to sell me a mid range lol....I’m ordering a p3d+ I don’t want a mid range
Supposedly a VIN is not assigned until 5 days before delivery and you are at 6 days.

BUT: I got a VIN for my Nov-5 delivery on Oct-15, the day after I applied for Tesla financing (applied and approved within 30 mins--on a Sunday!) I decided to go with Tesla financing because I figured the process would be a little smoother. The downside is I've got a higher rate than I could get locally.

Since you're getting a P3D+ I suggest you go to your service center and make a little noise. For what you're paying you are entitled.

Reactions: Nine2Five
Delivery date received in email on Saturday and email says a weird date probably from an earlier email template. And delivery location is not Home Delivery as mentioned in earlier order screens. Immediately replied to IDA asking about time/location and whether the delivery date can be changed if they are not doing home delivery. Responded with correct date but no mentioning of my other questions.

Followed up with 3 emails asking whether the delivery can be changed to home delivery or change to a better time/date. Received no response in 3 days. Just now I paid my final payment online
Oh no! Don't do that! *sigh*

but I don't know what I need to bring to the delivery. Sent my IDA one more email asking about changing the date/time. Not sure whether I will get response tomorrow. And the confirmed delivery date is the day after tomorrow.

Is this normal?
Unfortunately, yes, and expect to have the date cancelled on you and rescheduled.

If they are delivering it to you. They make you provide final payment before they will ship.
Frankly, nobody outside Texas should accept that bullshit. Unless you're in Texas, where their hands are tied by law, they can get their money when they actually provide you with a car. Insist on picking the car up in Seattle if you have to.

I just received my delivery date for 11/17, it’s 10/24. I think people are trying to make sense of something where people are just doing whatever they can to get the cars out and there is no rhyme or reason at this point except pure desperation.
Agree. Even though many people have been told no VIN until ~5 days, obviously there are no hard/fast rules in Tesla delivery world.

They would love to have me pick it up in Seattle (it would save them $1800 ) but it isn’t really a practical option. Anchorage AK is >2200 miles from Seattle. About the same driving distance is Ithaca, NY to Flagstaff AZ. So can’t really just drive it on a whim. I could fly down pick it up, fly back, and ship the car, but I’d be out another ~$2500k for that option.

I’ve purchased many vehicles over the years from Seattle and every one (Porsche x2, Lexus, Mercedes x2) none ship it to AK without final payment Before it left the dealer.

Par for the course!

I’m on week 5 and just got an email to pickup my car in NY (145 mi away) today after being scheduled for delivery yesterday. Meanwhile, I live in RI and can’t drive 35 miles to pickup my car in MA for some strange reason.

Tesla has no idea how to deliver these vehicles. My guess is that you will come home one day and the car will be waiting in your driveway.

Delivery Experience

For MA it's a tax thing. Like CA, MA makes you pay sales tax if you pick up the car there. So, people who want to pick up their car have to go to Mt Kisco, NY to avoid it.