Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date slipped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on the first day, spring of 2016. I was notified a few weeks ago that I could order but was not quite ready. I understood my priority in line would be held but now my wait time as changed from 4-5 week to 3-5 MONTHS. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

I ordered on the first day, spring of 2016. I was notified a few weeks ago that I could order but was not quite ready. I understood my priority in line would be held but now my wait time as changed from 4-5 week to 3-5 MONTHS. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.
When you posted this you could have read the thread right below it and got plenty of answers.

Reactions: skitown and Ejl80

This new delivery timeframe seems to be a more generic placeholder. As long as you ordered a RWD LR3, you'll probably get delivery much sooner. If you search this forum you'll find some recent threads from people who reported getting a call within 3 days of placing orders that their cars were ready.

Mine was more like 11 days from ordering to getting a request to confirm my order, and then one more day to set up an appointment to pick up the car as early as July 3rd (which I naturally selected). All pertinent details in my .sig. Being within 20 miles of Fremont certainly helped. I was initially surprised that the VIN was in the high 44,400s as I've seen others that are scheduled to pick up their cars around the same time, albeit on the other side of the country, having VINs barely, or not even in the 30,000s. Then I thought about the distinct possibility that Tesla has been stockpiling cars in various parts of the country waiting for today.

I believe that the 3-5 months is indeed a placeholder depending upon the final configuration of the car. If you select the standard "first build" configuration (RWD/PUP/LR) then your car is probably already sitting in the lot in Fremont. If, however, you are waiting for AWD, then that's probably going to be some time longer. The good news is that as long as Tesla has calculated their sales numbers correctly and have managed to deliver their 200,000th US car sometime today or afterwards, then full the Federal tax credit will in effect to the end of this year.

I am in similar situation. As mentioned by other users in this group, 3-6 months could be a place holder. I have ordered on june 30th and lets see if could get call to set up delivery sometime soon !!

I configured on June18 and haven't heard back. ??

Still have you "edit configuration" option?

If not, I would call them.... You may have a VIN already....

It's Tesla World.... Time doesn't exist....

I never got the configure email.... I just logged in on 6/27 around 7pm and was open to configuring.... Configured..... Got the SEP-NOV delivery notice..... Then 36 hours later.... YOU'VE GOT MAIL! Tesla gave me a VIN and delivery date...

But of course, I didn't order an AWD or P....

Still have you "edit configuration" option?

If not, I would call them.... You may have a VIN already....

It's Tesla World.... Time doesn't exist....

I never got the configure email.... I just logged in on 6/27 around 7pm and was open to configuring.... Configured..... Got the SEP-NOV delivery notice..... Then 36 hours later.... YOU'VE GOT MAIL! Tesla gave me a VIN and delivery date...

But of course, I didn't order an AWD or P....

Due to high volume, there aren' taking any calls. I have tried few times in the past 2 days. I am not sure how to contact them.