Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery dates moving around VIN assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi new guy here, just found this forum.

I ordered my MY LR 7-seater on May 8th. Estimated deliver at the time was 6-8 weeks, which 8 weeks would be tomorrow. I have had delivery windows come and go. I see through other threads that this is common. I received a VIN after 3 weeks and it fell off my account after a week. Since then I've had 2 week window deliver dates that pop up every now and again, originally it was June 14-June 30, it would inch back a day at a time. Then it said July 15-July 30, again inching back one day at a time. Then the date range changed to August, now it says September.

I received my second VIN last week, but deliver still says September. My SA has been less than helpful and promised I'd have it in July, but she also told me she'd try to get it to me before the end of June. The bigger issue is I will need reliable transportation by the end of the month. But also from a financing perspective this has been a pain because I don't even know which month it will be delivered and I'm 2 months in. I don't know how to show proof of insurance either because I don't know when to start the policy. I'm not going to start on July 15th if I don't receive it until August or god forbid September.

Anyone out there with answers or advice? If not at least my venting has been entered into the ether.

Reactions: bet_america
Hi new guy here, just found this forum.

I ordered my MY LR 7-seater on May 8th. Estimated deliver at the time was 6-8 weeks, which 8 weeks would be tomorrow. I have had delivery windows come and go. I see through other threads that this is common. I received a VIN after 3 weeks and it fell off my account after a week. Since then I've had 2 week window deliver dates that pop up every now and again, originally it was June 14-June 30, it would inch back a day at a time. Then it said July 15-July 30, again inching back one day at a time. Then the date range changed to August, now it says September.

I received my second VIN last week, but deliver still says September. My SA has been less than helpful and promised I'd have it in July, but she also told me she'd try to get it to me before the end of June. The bigger issue is I will need reliable transportation by the end of the month. But also from a financing perspective this has been a pain because I don't even know which month it will be delivered and I'm 2 months in. I don't know how to show proof of insurance either because I don't know when to start the policy. I'm not going to start on July 15th if I don't receive it until August or god forbid September.

Anyone out there with answers or advice? If not at least my venting has been entered into the ether.

wow May 8th... you may be among the longest to wait (along with some April stragglers as well).

I really wish i had something to write to give you hope but it sounds like atleast something something is going on with your account because you now have a vin and it shows September, it sounds like it may be in transit to the SC.

As far as insurance, in Illinois you can take delivery if you have insurance on another vehicle and luckily i am on my wife's cars policy so I submitted that through Tesla and they accepted it but the policy expires mid august.

In your position, I think I'd wait until getting a concrete Delivery date from your SA/ SC when the car has arrived to their lot, then I'd contact auto insurance co's for quotes and have them start a policy for the expected date of your delivery and find out if the insurance co will be flexible on starting your policy a different date if the delivery date ends up changing.

wow May 8th... you may be among the longest to wait (along with some April stragglers as well).

I really wish i had something to write to give you hope but it sounds like atleast something something is going on with your account because you now have a vin and it shows September, it sounds like it may be in transit to the SC.

As far as insurance, in Illinois you can take delivery if you have insurance on another vehicle and luckily i am on my wife's cars policy so I submitted that through Tesla and they accepted it but the policy expires mid august.

In your position, I think I'd wait until getting a concrete Delivery date from your SA/ SC when the car has arrived to their lot, then I'd contact auto insurance co's for quotes and have them start a policy for the expected date of your delivery and find out if the insurance co will be flexible on starting your policy a different date if the delivery date ends up changing.
Thanks for the advice. I had my insurance broker add the new VIN to a quote and I uploaded that to my profile.

After posting, reading around a bit more on forums and finding the MY order tracker I decided to call the customer service number. The SA on the phone said those dates are rarely accurate and I can expect delivery on or around July 24th. He said I should get an automated message in the next few days to set up delivery. If that happens I know I'm on track. I don't know why my SA can't give me these details.

The biggest frustration in all of this is the disparity in everyone's experience. Some people with similar vehicles received theirs in 4-6 weeks. I know the vehicle is worth it but once the legacy makers catch up it will be hard for Tesla to win over people who aren't Tesla fanboys like me.

Well I thought I was frustrated with the crazy app delivery times. I ordered on May 8th here in Las Vegas but I’ve never had VINs etc.

What started as 6-8 weeks, changed multiple times between late June and August, followed by two solid weeks at September at which I called the store leader here on the phone in what I will politely describe as an “annoyed” state as I was already annoyed at the change in original agreed too specs with the radar elimination. I was getting tired of being jerked around.

He was very apologetic and says the worst part of his job is talking to “annoyed customers” over that app and the delivery schedule bounces.

The car was actually for the wife to replace her Bolt that GM bought back and she threw in the towel and bought herself a Jaguar I-Pace. I have to admit that’s a beautiful car, if it had the tech in the Tesla’s it would be a world beater on the luxury side.

No sooner did she bring the Jag home that the dates changed to 7/11-7/29. We will see what comes up this Monday which is the 11th as I decided to take delivery and keep it for myself.

T.

Reactions: danderson404
I ordered 6/23
I recommend putting that in your signature when the option becomes available so that you don't get asked 1000 times on this board...

so you ordered 18 days after me and my ED is showing 8/5-8/25 - roughly guesstimating your ED is end of august-september but rumors are swirling that Q3 orders sold out late june/ early july so you could be around the cutoff.

I recommend putting that in your signature when the option becomes available so that you don't get asked 1000 times on this board...

so you ordered 18 days after me and my ED is showing 8/5-8/25 - roughly guesstimating your ED is end of august-september but rumors are swirling that Q3 orders sold out late june/ early july so you could be around the cutoff.
Great idea

Anyone else get an “October” EDD? Ordered white MY7 5/19. Dates have changed a dozen times. I’ve had EDDs in June, July, August, September and now October.
mine has done the same thing. ordered MY7 5/8. I got a VIN July 2. this morning I checked my account and it said September, about 2 hours ago it changed to July 21-26...yes I check that often.

Reactions: iamlina and ajs847
My delivery date has been moving around a bunch, but was recently pushed back. I will probably end up having to buy something else sadly as I cannot wait forever. There are no decent cars in the South, practically all sold out everywhere. My plan is to fly to the midwest and drive something down. Yes, that is what this country has come to.

My delivery date has been moving around a bunch, but was recently pushed back. I will probably end up having to buy something else sadly as I cannot wait forever. There are no decent cars in the South, practically all sold out everywhere. My plan is to fly to the midwest and drive something down. Yes, that is what this country has come to.
you could buy plug in hybrids that qualify for the $7500 tax credit...my brother in law wanted a MY but couldn't wait so he bought the new Jeep plugin hybrid. it is pretty nice, just not Tesla nice and cost is the same minus the tax credit.

Well I thought I was frustrated with the crazy app delivery times. I ordered on May 8th here in Las Vegas but I’ve never had VINs etc.

What started as 6-8 weeks, changed multiple times between late June and August, followed by two solid weeks at September at which I called the store leader here on the phone in what I will politely describe as an “annoyed” state as I was already annoyed at the change in original agreed too specs with the radar elimination. I was getting tired of being jerked around.

He was very apologetic and says the worst part of his job is talking to “annoyed customers” over that app and the delivery schedule bounces.

The car was actually for the wife to replace her Bolt that GM bought back and she threw in the towel and bought herself a Jaguar I-Pace. I have to admit that’s a beautiful car, if it had the tech in the Tesla’s it would be a world beater on the luxury side.

No sooner did she bring the Jag home that the dates changed to 7/11-7/29. We will see what comes up this Monday which is the 11th as I decided to take delivery and keep it for myself.

T.
Taking delivery of my Y on Wednesday.

Reactions: danderson404