Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delayed because of unknown Airbag Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X delivery has been delayed for over a week now and my patience is wearing thin. I was told that PDI detected an airbag fault that they can't seem to get resolved and are waiting on Tesla engineers as to what the next steps are. During my conversations with the service manager I was told that my X is not the only one with this detected fault being held up. Has anyone else awaited delivery of their X going through the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they care much about me canceling. Actually that was the first option i was presented with by the store manager which was very odd to me. I've already invested on a wall charger and install, floor mats and 4 winter tires so canceling will be definitely a last resort.

There is already a new X that has been rerouted for me just in case but it's going to be an extra 2 weeks

@SSedan

I'm not considering canceling so I'm not sure where in the post you picked that up. In fact, the only person who brought up canceling is the store manager when I enquired as to what my options were considering they could not offer an ETA.

Since i was told that other X's throughout North America were being held back for the same issue the purpose of my initial post was to find out if anyone else is having their X delivery delayed because of said fault.

I don't get why you would consider cancelling over a so far isolated component issue identified before delivery. I understand being aggravated, I wouldn't be happy but this is better than having to schedule service right after getting it home.

Because it’s already taken a week and they can’t figure it out. You have no idea how invasive the exploratory surgery has or will be to fix it. New wiring harness? New Steering Wheel? New Airbags in the FWD? Maybe all the above because it’s been a week and they still don’t know. And how many scuffs and bumps is they car getting sitting in the shop or in and out? Like that never happens.

They didn’t even have trim installed correctly on my X from the factory. Never mind after a repair. And on my first repair they screwed up the trim (grease marks and incorrectly installed, fixed myself)

Or they could think they have fixed it and you take it home. Park it. Next morning air bag fault. Then what?

These cars are to complex to start off with an issue BEFORE even being delivered.

Sure it could be a dead simple repair. But you have no idea. But I wouldn’t want to gamble my $100k on it.

My X delivery has been delayed for over a week now and my patience is wearing thin. I was told that PDI detected an airbag fault that they can't seem to get resolved and are waiting on Tesla engineers as to what the next steps are. During my conversations with the service manager I was told that my X is not the only one with this detected fault being held up. Has anyone else awaited delivery of their X going through the same thing?
My X has been apparently sitting in Zeebrugge, Belgium for 3 weeks now and my DS claims they are short of trucks to forward it to its final destination here in Switzerland. Somehow I don't buy it as we are now way past last year's delivery hell. So your airbag issue is quite concerning to me, as my X could also suffer from the same defect and Tesla is not being straightforward about it? What is your approximate VIN?

Last edited:
My X has been apparently sitting in Zeebrugge, Belgium for 3 weeks now and my DS claims they are short of trucks to forward it to its final destination here in Switzerland. Somehow I don't buy it as we are now way past last year's delivery hell. So your airbag issue is quite concerning to me, as my X could also suffer from the same defect and Tesla is not being straightforward about it? What is you approximate VIN?