Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Just pulled the trigger a few days ago on an MX, saw someone say this quarter’s delivery is now delayed until late December— apparently because of a focus on EU deliveries. My Tesla advisor said he hadn’t heard anything about it, and to expect a late November date. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so where did you hear it from?
Thanks

From local Tesla advisorts :) Looks like we need a post "Memes from local Tesla advisors". From my experience (I've been waiting 4+ weeks already) - they don't know much. Some say that focus is on other parts of the world, other say they get vehicles every day. Or maybe they know but discouraged to make customers aware - like for example what if they're fixing all those horrible stories with bad QA.

I ordered a P3D and deliveries are indeed delayed. My SA said what everyone is chatting about in the Model 3 forum. They're focusing on production for Asia/Europe which is slightly delaying US orders.

When I ordered my P3D, it was 2-3 weeks. It's now around 8-10 weeks, so we will see. I'm going to enjoy my MX for the time being!

Hi guys.
well I can tell you that there is not much focus in Europe.
I ordered a Performance Model 3 in August...september , october passed...my Tesla advisor says I might get it in November - December... time frame..

No unusual. They build cars in batches by region. When I ordered in mid March 2018 I had just missed the US region. So did not get my car until late May. The people at the showroom told me it would be a May delivery before I ordered and they were correct.

Hi all. Just pulled the trigger a few days ago on an MX, saw someone say this quarter’s delivery is now delayed until late December— apparently because of a focus on EU deliveries. My Tesla advisor said he hadn’t heard anything about it, and to expect a late November date. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so where did you hear it from?
Thanks

Everyone's advisor has something to say. It just may not be right.

My own store told me two different things. The most recent being that I shouldn't expect delivery before mid December - 2 months away. A day later, I was notified to schedule a delivery date for the following week.

In the end, you can't control it. Just enjoy the wait.

Hello folks, wondering how are deliveries taking place now ? Booked a mode 3 and X mid November and was supposed to get delivery by mid Dec. 28th already and absolutely no updates from Tesla. Like others said in previous posts, have radio silence from Tesla and advisors don’t bother to respond to calls/mails/texts.

Hello folks, wondering how are deliveries taking place now ? Booked a mode 3 and X mid November and was supposed to get delivery by mid Dec. 28th already and absolutely no updates from Tesla. Like others said in previous posts, have radio silence from Tesla and advisors don’t bother to respond to calls/mails/texts.

Have you checked you order on the website? Mine looked the same for days and then I noticed there was an item to pay for the delivery items associated with lease. I paid that and the deliver date showed up.

Order still shows RNxxxxx. No one called, texted, etc regarding delivery. But delivery tomorrow at Dublin, CA has been confirmed when we called the Dublin SC.

Wow ... Tesla is screwing up big time. This is what I received few minutes back, and this is for the order placed on Nov 15th:
TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - We tried to reach out today and left you a voicemail. We now expect your Tesla to be built in January and we will need to reschedule your delivery appointment to a later date. Once we have a better estimate of timing, we will reach out to set up a new appointment.

And nobody tried to reach out to me today, no calls and no emails.

Wow ... Tesla is screwing up big time. This is what I received few minutes back, and this is for the order placed on Nov 15th:
TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - We tried to reach out today and left you a voicemail. We now expect your Tesla to be built in January and we will need to reschedule your delivery appointment to a later date. Once we have a better estimate of timing, we will reach out to set up a new appointment.

And nobody tried to reach out to me today, no calls and no emails.