Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens when you place your order on hold and then release it? Do you go back to the end of the line? What about if you reject a car when you go to pick it up?

Kind of a dumb situation, but I had a MYLR ordered last year with EDD that kept getting bumped back (now june-July). I needed a car sooner so I ordered a MYP with EDD late March, but now my work from home got extended so I don’t need a car until may, which again still wont allow me to get the MYLR again. If I hold my MYP now (about 2 weeks from EDD) and Unhold at a later date, will I be able to say I’m ready and get a vin assigned pretty soon considering I am about 2 weeks out from my delivery window currently, or will I get bumped back to the end of the line?

What happens when you place your order on hold and then release it? Do you go back to the end of the line? What about if you reject a car when you go to pick it up?

Kind of a dumb situation, but I had a MYLR ordered last year with EDD that kept getting bumped back (now june-July). I needed a car sooner so I ordered a MYP with EDD late March, but now my work from home got extended so I don’t need a car until may, which again still wont allow me to get the MYLR again. If I hold my MYP now (about 2 weeks from EDD) and Unhold at a later date, will I be able to say I’m ready and get a vin assigned pretty soon considering I am about 2 weeks out from my delivery window currently, or will I get bumped back to the end of the line?

You don't go back to end of line unless you go on hold too long. When hold is over, you get the next available VIN.

I ordered on 11/27, this is my first time getting a vin and I have never rejected or put the car on hold.

If I get a text that says "if a delivery appointment is not selected by tonight your order will automatically be placed on hold and this vehicle will move on to the next customer. Please note that if this order is placed on hold, it may be subject to cancellation based on order date."

Does that mean they will actually cancel it? What do they mean by "based on order date". How do I know if my date is eligible to be placed on hold?

I would call them, but I never got any SA and this whole process I'm dealing with the computer.
My local delivery center is closed for the day.