Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in 2 days - thinking to give -up :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I was looking to buy a used Tesla for long time
Finally we found it - 2016 S75D solid black with tan interior with 19 000 miles -- Orlando Florida ( we have to pay 2000 transport fee) --
Car was sold as a 60d for the first time
Looking at the VIN and fabrication date looks like it is possible to be uncorked
My delivery advisor are no help
He doesn't know anything
Carfax show nothing - car has 50 miles after Carfax

Today looking at the pictures again i found out that the car has some cheap tires ---- Milestar
Why Tesla would change the tires after 19 000 miles
Why they put so cheap tires ?
My used car advisor :
Since the tires meet our accepted tread depth, the car will include the tires installed.

We have to take delivery in 2 days
It is possible that this car was a rental car ?!??!?

Thank you !

It was probably a leased car and the person wore the tires out and to not get dinged on lease return fees they bought the cheapest tires they could. (Why spend good money on tires you aren't going to actually use.)

Either that or they could of had good tires that they moved onto a car they were keeping.

Reactions: ZappCatt
You don’t like the tires on the car? Then change them after taking delivery. I don’t see what the issue is, it’s not as if tesla is selling you a vehicle with bald tires.
Unless tesla advertised the vehicle with a specific tire brand then you have no room to complain.
Not sure what you mean by “car has 50 miles after carfax”
I assume you mean it has 50 miles more than on the carfax? That’s normal, tesla probably moved it around a few times.

Besides the advisor not being of much help I don’t see anything else wrong with your process.

Thank you!
No free supercharging
We got free performance upgrade :) ( uncorking)
I don't think they check anything on the used cars -- maybe the color ?!?!?
We bought the car as 75d and when we inspect the car at delivery it was still 60D (no big deal i know )
The sales guys were looking at me like i was an idiot when i told them they can upgrade the car from 60d to 75d from software

We already have an service appointment --- can't open the glovebox ( my J1772 adapter is inside )
--- AP error -- Autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable
--- 12 V battery requires service
--- horrible headlights ( high beam is comparable with low beam on a 2012 Honda Pilot - maybe a little worse )
-- driver seat feels like moving when you accelerate or brake

We love the car anyway :)

Reactions: SilverGS