Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in Heathrow today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can confirm no 19’ wheels in sight

99ED9661-B478-4167-AEEA-88CF292190EB.jpeg

Answers my question of whether they're working to day! Congratulations, you lucky, lucky b**tard.

I've got a delivery window of 24th-31st August and the suspense is killing me. Every time my phone vibrates, I get a bit upset that it's friend/family/girlfriend and not Tesla telling me to collect.

Me too... You think they will actually call this week?

After the original estimate of a July delivery I was then told 10-17 September. Then a few days ago I was told 27 August - so collecting tomorrow. Arranging payment and insurance in five days including a weekend and a Bank Holiday has not been easy. So some of you with September or October dates make get lucky as I have. (By the way, I'm happy with a "19" registration number.)

P3+, MSM, black interior, cash buyer, no trade in, day 0 reservation, hidden VIN 4718xx.
Nothing from Tesla since July 12.

Now I happened to be driving north on the M25 past Heathrow yesterday about 2pm and enjoyed seeing two M3 P+, one in MSM (nice dark alloys).
Had the whole family with me and the car looked so good it got everyones blessing as my next purchase.

If it was you, thank you!

Now I happened to be driving north on the M25 past Heathrow yesterday about 2pm and enjoyed seeing two M3 P+, one in MSM (nice dark alloys).
Had the whole family with me and the car looked so good it got everyones blessing as my next purchase.

I haven't even got a delivery window yet, let alone a car!

Hadn't hear
Me too... You think they will actually call this week?

Have you heard anything Yev?

I just spoke to Tesla and...astonishingly...with no contact in between the 25th July when they emailed me with an estimated delivery of 24th-31st August and now...my new estimated delivery date is...

The last week in September, or first week in October.

What the hell?

After the original estimate of a July delivery I was then told 10-17 September. Then a few days ago I was told 27 August - so collecting tomorrow. Arranging payment and insurance in five days including a weekend and a Bank Holiday has not been easy. So some of you with September or October dates make get lucky as I have. (By the way, I'm happy with a "19" registration number.)

I hear ya. I ordered at a Bluewater mid day on Wednesday the 14th and took delivery at 15:00 on that Friday the 16th! That was a manic. I was able to sell my car privately for £4K more than Tesla offered on part-ex and got insurance sorted so it can be done but it becomes rather all consuming. Congrats on the new wheels!

Hadn't hear

Have you heard anything Yev?

I just spoke to Tesla and...astonishingly...with no contact in between the 25th July when they emailed me with an estimated delivery of 24th-31st August and now...my new estimated delivery date is...

The last week in September, or first week in October.

What the hell?
When was your reservation/order date?

It seems to me there is quite a bottleneck at the handover stage and now those promised August/September delivery some time ago are being pushed further and further back as they struggle to get the cars in and out of the small number of SCs they are using.

We've seen reports of several cars with plenty of defects at handover, so it's not as though they are spending loads of time preparing and PDI'ing them.

If they offered me an option of driving a couple of hours to an old warehouse or airfield and picking mine up in whatever state it came off the transporter, I'd probably take them up on it right now.

If you haven’t ordered your car yet be sure to order via someone’s referral code to get some free miles ;)

You can find referral codes on a person’s Profile page, in the Info tab.

When was your reservation/order date?

It seems to me there is quite a bottleneck at the handover stage and now those promised August/September delivery some time ago are being pushed further and further back as they struggle to get the cars in and out of the small number of SCs they are using.

We've seen reports of several cars with plenty of defects at handover, so it's not as though they are spending loads of time preparing and PDI'ing them.

If they offered me an option of driving a couple of hours to an old warehouse or airfield and picking mine up in whatever state it came off the transporter, I'd probably take them up on it right now.

Feb 2017, May 3rd 2019 - I need to update the above though, I told my lease company my updated estimated order date and they contacted their own person at Tesla, who told them actually my car is in Belgium waiting to be loaded up and should be here in 6 days...so actually, the Tesla bloke I spoke to was just...errr...misleading me?