Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issues - experience with follow up service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Y in late July. For the most part, quality was good, but noted a few things that were saved and recorded by the delivery advisor as well (minor panel gaps, rear tail lights sticking out a bit, frunk slightly higher on one side then the other, etc).

I have an upcoming appointment at the end of this week to address. I'm looking for feedback from others that have had follow up service appointments for their delivery related issues. Have things been fixed? I've read a few bad stories here that people are dropping their cars off for weeks, things just aren't getting fixed, and fixes being done that leave the car worse than what they were originally dropped off for.

For those with similar issues can you comment on your service experiences? I am debating whether it's worth it at all.

My DA noted all the items I pointed out during delivery, said to schedule a service appointment to have them addressed.

Fast forward three weeks later when the first appointment was available, 80% of the items I noted were “in spec” and Tesla did absolutely nothing to fix them.

Moral of the story; if you are not 100% happy AT DELIVERY you need to reject the vehicle.

Reactions: Brown1428
I noticed this was out of place when I picked it up
View media item 121159
They agreed they would fix it.
So first they had me wait to see if they could get it in the shop during that visit (my pickup visit) -- Overall I waited about 1 hour to be told, no you will have to bring it back -- Lesson, press them on getting an answer in 10-15 minutes whether they can fix it now. Otherwise just make an appointment to bring it back

I brought it back, they told me it would take the day and gave me a nice MS loaner. I drove home and just about when I arrived home I got a text saying it was ready for pickup. Seems like they THOUGHT they would need to remove the panel and re-position it. In actuality I Think they just bent it back into place. -- Lesson... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some service centers will take the car and attempt to fix the issues no questions asked, others will tell you your car is in spec. If your concern relates to body panel alignment, the safest route is reject.

Last edited:
Mine agreed to fix EVERYTHING I submitted. Today my car will have been in their possession for 13 days. I've been told two parts that were due on Friday will be in today and I should get my car today. I hope after 13 days I don't find any issues they caused.

The story is long and dripping with frustration. I will document that in a separate thread when I get the car back.

Mine agreed to fix EVERYTHING I submitted. Today my car will have been in their possession for 13 days. I've been told two parts that were due on Friday will be in today and I should get my car today. I hope after 13 days I don't find any issues they caused.

The story is long and dripping with frustration. I will document that in a separate thread when I get the car back.

Thanks for the feedback - this is exactly what I'm hoping to avoid. Did you get your car back and can you comment on what you brought it in for an how the quality turned out?

Thanks!

After 14 days at my local service center (for mostly fit and finish, and dents), they broke more than fixed. My car is in service now again for the second time and estimate time of finish is 2-3 weeks. I only drove my car 30 miles/ 82 miles on the odometers (delivered on 06/20). Mostly driven by the SC taking the car to a certified body shop for repaint and repairs. I also noticed frunk open message on the way for my second visit. I really regret not rejecting the car at the delivery. Reject if not happy 100%, avoid dealing with the SC post delivery.

Attachments

• FA0331B3-F198-4D71-8DCF-1DE33F90270D.png
    FA0331B3-F198-4D71-8DCF-1DE33F90270D.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
My MYP MSM had some minor issues with panel gaps, trim and a couple of minor paint dings. I booked it in for correction at about 6 weeks post delivery. They had the car for 15 days and issued me with an Enterprise Chevy Malibu loaner (beats Uber credit I think). They updated me a few times and overall the process took a couple of days longer than they initially outlined.

At pick up everything was taken care of, no new issues introduced and the car had been cleaned nicely. Overall I was very happy and impressed with the updates and service, though obviously would have preferred to have avoided this in the first place, but for me at least my happiness with the product overall negates this entirely.

I also had ranger service at my home for Homelink fitment which was great also, he also adjusted a rear door closing without any fuss. I would now say the car is 98-99% comparable (in terms of fitment) to any of the various BMWs I have owned.

Service was handled at the Marietta, GA collision center (due needing paint).

Reactions: angus[Y]oung