Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on hold until July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll find out, since my profile had nothing completed. ;) I'm out of town for June 26-July 10, so that is my only blackout window for delivery.
Yeah, spoke to my SA today and he said since my profile was complete I was assigned a Q2 build even with a hold. Therefore, I only was going into Q3 if I had released maybe mid-June. He said you are on top of the list if everything is completed.

But then it’s a different story heading into the next quarter. He said if I miss this mid-June delivery he is not sure if I’ll get July or late August.

Makes sense. I’m also in CA which may play a role in the end of quarter rush (which I’ll be out of town for), but I’m fine with that. If it’s meant to be it’ll happen. If not my Q3 chances are looking much better than if I completed my profile in July.

Just received an email from my SA. I ordered in mid-May for reference. The estimated delivery date was initially jumping around in July but changed to September last week. So I emailed Tesla support and they just got back to me with this:
Thank you for reaching out. The delivery estimate of September within your My Tesla account would be our best guidance currently. As you had mentioned, this will fluctuate with any changes to our production planning. Your delivery profile is complete, this is the best indicator to us at Tesla that you are "ready" for delivery and allow us to plan accordingly

So it seems like dates keep getting pushed. Was really hoping for July but it seems that is out of the equation and completely subject to change.

Just received an email from my SA. I ordered in mid-May for reference. The estimated delivery date was initially jumping around in July but changed to September last week. So I emailed Tesla support and they just got back to me with this:

So it seems like dates keep getting pushed. Was really hoping for July but it seems that is out of the equation and completely subject to change.
Yeah, I was at one point really shooting for July/August. But the more I looked at it, it was trending if not in June, then in September. Very small chance of July. I didn't want to have to get an oil change/inspection/emissions/registration on the current car (due in August). So getting it in September would be throwing money away for me. Getting in June I'm justifying as a wash. Plus I get to enjoy the car for a couple more months. In addition, doesn't look like any tax credits are materializing that would change my decision.

Reactions: und2000
I was also hoping for late July/August. The dates jumped around from mid July to September, and then finally got the blue button and VIN week ago, EDD June 24-30. I would much rather have it now than risk not having a car in early September when I'll have to be back at work. No rhyme or reason to the dates, though!

Hi, I'm new here. I'm in Bay Area, I placed my order in May5th, MYLR, white interior and 20" wheels. Delivery was supposed to be June 15th, than, 21st, and finally it said June 29-30(supposedly today) VIN is assigned. I refreshed the Tesla.com and it say September again. VIN is still there. Anybody had similar situation?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm in Bay Area, I placed my order in May5th, MYLR, white interior and 20" wheels. Delivery was supposed to be June 15th, than, 21st, and finally it said June 29-30(supposedly today) VIN is assigned. I refreshed the Tesla.com and it say September again. VIN is still there. Anybody had similar situation?
I think the September "reset" means your EDD is not known. If the VIN is still assigned, my guess is early July, but it's worth calling to your SA for an update on EDD. After 10 days of not having a confirmed delivery date with a VIN assigned, I called my SA and was told to be patient, and then the next day the VIN disappeared and was unassigned.

I think the September "reset" means your EDD is not known. If the VIN is still assigned, my guess is early July, but it's worth calling to your SA for an update on EDD. After 10 days of not having a confirmed delivery date with a VIN assigned, I called my SA and was told to be patient, and then the next day the VIN disappeared and was unassigned.
I’m hoping that’s what’s gonna happen. Or hoping for any delivery today. It’ll come when it’ll come 😃

Reactions: cancoi and und2000