Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey wanted to say this community is great thanks guys for taking time to answer my questions. I love my Tesla make an excuse to take it out every night , uhm for the 5 days ive owned it haha. I own TSLA also and want them to do better , growing a business is tough and what Tesla has done is amazing in such a short time. Seems the company building the first truly self driving AI could hire someone to figure out if a car is under warranty or not when they have a computer respond to a service request. They knew exactly how many miles my car had on it in the response but cant figure out it should be a warranty issue? kinda weird, maybe they figure who cares they bought the car ,it kicks butt, so they wont go anywhere,........................is it bad to say ? yea Im here ,they got me, its just to awesome .

Same issue here. Right out of the Tesla parking lot and steering wheel is about 3 to 5 degrees off center. Should they be checking this as part of their pre delivery inspection? We're 5 hrs and a ferry ride away, so hopefully the mobile tech can recenter the wheel.

Same issue here. Right out of the Tesla parking lot and steering wheel is about 3 to 5 degrees off center. Should they be checking this as part of their pre delivery inspection? We're 5 hrs and a ferry ride away, so hopefully the mobile tech can recenter the wheel.
Needs a full alignment to re-center the wheel… I ended up paying for an alignment because I forgot to write it down on my service request and only verbally asked them to fix it, and when they neglected to do it, I didn’t bother with it until I had an actual reason to go in again :/

The service estimates for this type of thing differ by service center as well. I’ve gone to two for the same issue (unrelated to above) and one showed some default estimate and the other said $0. Neither charged for whatever they did.

I was watching Marques Brownlee's tour of the Tesla factory from 2018. There was a sign hanging from the ceiling along the assembly line that read, "Excellence is not an act, it's a habit. Quality is everyone's responsibility." With all the quality issues that these cars still have in 2021, I got quite the chuckle out of that sign.

I was watching Marques Brownlee's tour of the Tesla factory from 2018. There was a sign hanging from the ceiling along the assembly line that read, "Excellence is not an act, it's a habit. Quality is everyone's responsibility." With all the quality issues that these cars still have in 2021, I got quite the chuckle out of that sign.
Clearly that sign is in the wrong place and need to be moved so as to be more visible!

• Funny
Reactions: Spinytail859
Tesla continues to suck. I'm trying to get eyes on my vehicle while they fix the in-transit damage so I can ascertain if anything else needs to be fixed prior to delivery. Hopefully avoiding another week spent in service while they fix the items I am sure to find. They aren't letting me see it. Seems kinda suspect.

Reactions: techlogik
my repair is set for the 28th in the am so I will let you know what happens just check back here for my reply ill make a general post. Got a call and a text through the app at the same time earlier today. He told me they removed the charge and would be happy to see me on the 28th so really good communication after I questioned it, apparently its an algorithm that auto sends the bill.

I took delivery of my M3 LR yesterday and found several issues.

1. scratch at drivers door down to metal there were 2 more at the front by the hood.
2. one door had a sunken in door handle. that same handle had red paint underneath in the hole where it goes in instead of white.
3. there is a large gap on drivers door big enough to fit my thumb, passengers side not so bad.
4. paneling on drivers door towards windshield not so good.
5. right side rear door not flush.
there were more thing but they took care of them on site at delivery

they said I have 24 hours to submit anything to service app so hopefully I got everything.

694A1177-21AA-4102-9A18-0B539D72D156.jpeg

Attachments

• D4288B0D-0DDE-444A-84CC-E612BE0F46C2.jpeg
    D4288B0D-0DDE-444A-84CC-E612BE0F46C2.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 7AAEAD6A-1C69-4B37-AD52-A21C777A4BAE.jpeg
    7AAEAD6A-1C69-4B37-AD52-A21C777A4BAE.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 124
  • CAA698DC-6D21-4B5A-81C3-AED2CA852562.jpeg
    CAA698DC-6D21-4B5A-81C3-AED2CA852562.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: techlogik
Let me add this, bought my wife a new BMW X3 a month or so ago. The 1 ONE issue it had, the steering wheel is cocked to the left a few degrees as well.

Of course, I just said, hey fix this before I come pick it up...and they did. End of story. Guess what else needed to be done to the car? NOTHING!!! It was perfect from the factory in Spartansburg, SC by American workers too!!!

I took delivery of my M3 LR yesterday and found several issues.

1. scratch at drivers door down to metal there were 2 more at the front by the hood.
2. one door had a sunken in door handle. that same handle had red paint underneath in the hole where it goes in instead of white.
3. there is a large gap on drivers door big enough to fit my thumb, passengers side not so bad.
4. paneling on drivers door towards windshield not so good.
5. right side rear door not flush.
there were more thing but they took care of them on site at delivery

they said I have 24 hours to submit anything to service app so hopefully I got everything.

View attachment 676912
They told me I had 48hrs so that was weird , Tesla is growing really fast and thats a good thing for me getting my CT. Im afraid till they are able to stop production and up fit with the new factory improvements for the M3 all of this will continue to be an issue.

what is Tesla's policy to fix cosmetic defects? I heard that I have 72 hours or 100 miles to report any cosmetic defects. Does that mean that if I have any cosmetic defects, I cannot drive the car past 100 miles or they won't fix it?
I still find minor issues and Tesla fixes it for free. I have had my car since 6/3 and have 800 miles on it so far. Most recent repair was on 6/22. Driver seat trim issue. There was 1 inch gap between the trim and the seat... It should be flush.

I rejected my M3 today as well. Hood had a noticeable ding, one door wouldn't close unless slammed, paint chip on driver side door, large panel gaps on passenger side. I understand their cars are super high tech but come on, a properly closing car door isn't rocket science.

I rejected my M3 today as well. Hood had a noticeable ding, one door wouldn't close unless slammed, paint chip on driver side door, large panel gaps on passenger side. I understand their cars are super high tech but come on, a properly closing car door isn't rocket science.
For those that rejected? Now what? What did they say? How long to get another one etc?

I took delivery of my M3 LR today and found a few issues.

1. missing trim/rubber molding around back window and trunk area on left side compared to right
2. the left rear passenger window has some very tiny minor scratches on it
3. there is a panel alignment issue with the right front of the car that the headlight is raised out maybe a quarter of an inch and then the panel is about another quarter of an inch higher than the hood of the car.

they said I have 24 hours to submit anything to service app so hopefully I got everything and hopefully they can fix it all. Will keep looking for issues to add to appointment....fingers crossed that I don't find any.

Posting this here from the “sunken hood” thread that is 8 pages long.

I just picked up a 2021 Model 3. Everything is near perfect except my Hood is sunken below the fender on one side and slightly higher then the fender on the other side. This has nothing to do with the front rubber hood mounts that can be adjusted in height. The left back of my hood near the base of the windshield is clearly below the fender. So, it appears the hood hinge was mounted to low. Most people are talking about adjusting the height at the front of the hood. That is super easy. What I'm dealing with here is a more significant problem similar to what others have described on this thread.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether this is fixable. I want to be cautious about getting Tesla involved because they may just screw it up even more, but I might not have a choice. Again, the rear of the hood is about 1/8 of inch or more below the fender height. It's so bad that you can see when driving the car.

Anyone seen this before and know if the hood hinges are adjustable in height vis a vis the fender?

I took delivery of my M3 LR today and found a few issues.

1. missing trim/rubber molding around back window and trunk area on left side compared to right
2. the left rear passenger window has some very tiny minor scratches on it
3. there is a panel alignment issue with the right front of the car that the headlight is raised out maybe a quarter of an inch and then the panel is about another quarter of an inch higher than the hood of the car.

they said I have 24 hours to submit anything to service app so hopefully I got everything and hopefully they can fix it all. Will keep looking for issues to add to appointment....fingers crossed that I don't find any.
I believe the trim “delete” on the left trunk is standard to accommodate the power trunk mechanism. Looks worse on some cars depending on how the trunk alignment is.

Reactions: TBrownTX