Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery / Service Issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / Service problems etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Double checking that moisture under windows is normal? This is post-wash. It seems so as it’s frameless, but I haven’t seen this type of construction on another vehicle.

CB857FBF-ABA4-4B7A-A37D-D994EBAA1DF5.jpeg
848B3D63-6616-455B-970E-87451841C7E9.jpeg

Pickup a new M3P and love the car ride and acceleration, but after a week of ownership the coolant leaks. Anyone else has similar experience?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 12.53.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 12.53.40 PM.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 199
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 12.53.40 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 12.53.40 PM (1).jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 259
Regarding the water by the frameless windows... my 07 Mustang GT had a similar design. When washing the car, I'd see some water get behind there but never into the cabin. The first "seal" is the part where the window squishes against the seal. The second "seal" is the one where it kind of sucker fishes onto the glass. As long as water isn't seeping past the second seal into the cabin, it should be fine.

Reactions: Scott7
Just picked up my girlfriends brand new model three last week, looks great alongside my model Y performance. Little bit disappointing however to open the frunk and see this….

We have an appointment to address it at the service center in a couple of weeks but one would think that would’ve been not allowed to make it to the end of the assembly line that way.

The net is cross threaded and the stud just spins so it’s possible they might have to actually replace the whole hood?

I need to be able to get that nut off because I’m trying to install the motorized lid kit.

Attachments

• E15E8EEC-6346-407F-A7CE-5A2B7976E5B3.jpeg
    E15E8EEC-6346-407F-A7CE-5A2B7976E5B3.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 297
Just picked up my girlfriends brand new model three last week, looks great alongside my model Y performance. Little bit disappointing however to open the frunk and see this….

We have an appointment to address it at the service center in a couple of weeks but one would think that would’ve been not allowed to make it to the end of the assembly line that way.

The net is cross threaded and the stud just spins so it’s possible they might have to actually replace the whole hood?

I need to be able to get that nut off because I’m trying to install the motorized lid kit.
There's no way nobody noticed that during assembly. Crazy that they would just move it down the line rather than repair it. I get the feeling the assembly line workers are encouraged to not address flaws in the name of shipping as many vehicles as possible.

Reactions: cwerdna
Hi Everyone,
I just took delivery of a 2022 Model 3 RWD last Wednesday. During delivery, the team did everything they could to force me to take the car. They were clear that the car met Tesla's delivery standards and that if I refused delivery it would be 2 weeks to 2 months and no guarantee that the next car would be any better or a precise date for the next vehicle. In fact, there was a chance it would be worse. They refused to provide Tesla's delivery standards for me to review though.

Tesla hid the fact there would be significant repainting required for the vehicle which they reviewed with their experts. They told me a quick touch-up/buffing would solve the problem at a quick service appointment that I had to make myself on the app. I was furious and felt like I had no options, especially given the sliding delivery window with Tesla. I never expected how much work actually had to be done.

Here is a list of the issues I noted at delivery:

MANUFACTURING ANOMALIES
Multiple Blemishes Under the Drivers side front Fender- looks like it may be a handprint
Dust spot on Hood near Emblem
Paint anomalies on Driver side roof Rail Rear corner at the transition to the trunk
Panels under vehicle not aligning- Passenger side - (To be checked not sure if this is an issue or not)
DAMAGE
Rubber Seal on the transition from front to roof glass ripped
Paint chip on Rear bumper drivers side
Scratched Plastic Cover near Drivers Side Seat belt
Dents and touch-ups on Passenger side door frame
NOT WORKING
Windows do not roll up on exit- Tesla service and the delivery team are unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
Vent option from App not working- Tesla service and the delivery team is unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
"Window Control Fail" error in the app- (Unsupported window command)
MISSING PARTS
Centering ring on Passenger Front hubcap missing

Following my service appointment to rectify the anomalies, I was taken aback by the scope of the work package which is considerable in nature and constitutes major work on the vehicle.

The additional work required to deliver the vehicle would take an estimated 7 days to complete. The Tesla Service center advised that the following panels needed repainting at the adjacent autobody shop:

• The front driver's fender,
  • The front hood,
  • The Passenger side pillar
  • The driver's side roof may require a touch-up but could require repainting

• The roof of the vehicle needs to be removed to replace the damaged seal
  • The bumper would be replaced
  • The interior plastic cover driverside would be replaced.
A couple of unreasonable solutions have been floated by me from Tesla but I am wondering what I should do, given the fact that the only mileage on the car is to and from the Tesla Dealerships. It is not being driven until these delivery items are rectified. There used to be a 7-day 1000kms return policy but apparently, that is no longer in effect "because people were not using it"

I already have a 2021 Tesla Model 3 which has been fantastic, I had a couple of minor issues at delivery but nothing compared to this. The employees were also completely unprofessional and disingenuous during this delivery. They didn't even want to see the issues I was talking about on the vehicle. They completely misled me at delivery or I never would have taken delivery of the car.

I am hoping for some guidance before I escalate to my lawyers

• Informative
...the team did everything they could to force me to take the car...The employees were also completely unprofessional and disingenuous during this delivery. They didn't even want to see the issues I was talking about on the vehicle. They completely misled me at delivery or I never would have taken delivery of the car...
By now, consumers should know what to expect from a brand. It's great that there have been many happy customers, but what about those imperfect cars?

In a traditional dealership, I would not pay to get those problems. They need to fix those before I would pay them.

Tesla has a different philosophy: They bet people would pay for unfinished products like beta software and imperfect brand-new cars.

No one places a gun on a consumer's head to accept Tesla's practice; it's just persuasion by talks.

I am hoping for some guidance before I escalate to my lawyers

There's not much you can do because you accepted Tesla's practice, take home first, fix later: You were lucky last time, but not so this time.

It's like going to a butcher shop, taking home a steak, and expecting it's a vegetarian meat substitute.

You can use a lawyer, but I don't have much hope that it would help.

Thanks very much Tam, Not sure I agree given my situation, but I see what you are getting at, as you mention a buyer must be wary and it's a new concept of delivering vehicles. In this case, I did my due diligence and I asked probably about 10+ times about getting another car. I was completely misled and not given the truth at delivery. I even added a notation on the delivery document that the car was delivered with Paint imperfections. If I had an inkling that so much of the car would need to be repainted I would have walked that's what upsets me, they took in the back, inspected it and said yeah, some minor buffing and you will be fine, nothing to worry about.
It's like going to a butcher shop, taking home a steak, and expecting it's a vegetarian meat substitute.
In this case it's more like, I went into a high-end butcher shop, and bought the premium steak which I had to wait months for. Then turns out the peppercorns I paid for are actually little pieces of turd, "but don't worry we can wipe that turd off your steak. It will taste fine after you throw it on the BBQ". Enjoy

I am unfortunately someone who doesn't back down and I would rather give money to a lawyer than give Tesla a free pass. This will be a lesson learned for everyone when it's all done and hopefully, it will clean up the delivery process for other unsuspecting folks trying to deal in good faith. This is a terrible situation for me I have had the car since last Wednesday and I am not driving it, Tesla seems to be trying to burn down the clock until it's unreasonable to take the car back. We shall see.

Recently took delivery and did a thorough inspection, however was not able to find a few more significant areas of malalignment and panel gaps on the car until after driving the car home from the SC. Is it possible to reject delivery after accepting it? Does the 100 mile rule apply here? Or am I SOL?

Picked up my car an hour ago from the Vallejo Service Center. It was the initial service visit after delivery with a run of issues ranging from a paint bubble, deep scratches in the paint, panel fitments with the trunk and frunk, and a half installed hanger button in the car.

They literally told me they can’t do anything else about the paint issues (the scratches are even more visible now and the paint bubble is still there) and to go to a body shop if them making the scratches worse isn’t satisfactory.

They told me it’s covered under warranty at the body shop, I’m not paying out of pocket after the 1500 for the color that came with issues from day 1.

My M3P I took delivery of on September 3rd has been essentially perfect. Seemed to me that the quality of cars out of Fremont has gotten consistently better.
I think that's where ours came from. I haven't seen anything wrong at all yet. The only thing is that I wish they repelled dust. You can probably see by my avatar that where our dear Casper is parked (we were testing how it charged plugged into our shop) is not exactly dust-free. (The best thing about rural living is that you have plenty of dirt to play in.)

got a 2022 M3 RWD and there it a slight tapping sound that comes in and out of either the right or left read doors doors. I asked a passanger to hold the door while I drive and it would go away. There is also a light rattle coming for the front passenger dash area where the vent is. these noises come in and out while driving faster and its usually one at a time.

I reported this to Tesla app on day 2 within the 100 miles of driving and have an appointment with Tesla tomorrow for another issue. Should I let them mess with it or leave it as is? I dont want them to take apart the car and cause other issues like ive read on here. The shop im going to is the original west side Tesla in Beverly Hills/Century City area.

there were also some stains on the headliner when I picked up the car. Should I try to clean this myself or let them mess with it? they ordered a cleaning but I dont know what to expect.

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice this situation. I ordered my M3P on 10/13/22 and took delivery (very quickly) on 10/20/22. The delivery went very smoothly and everything on the car looked and functioned perfectly. At delivery it had 15 miles on it. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to look under the car to check the undercarriage.

About eight days later I went to give it the first wash and as I was cleaning the wheels I noticed a huge gouge in the metal of what I've since found out is the jack point on the front driver's side (attached image from the service manual), along with a long puncture in the plastic rocker panel on that side. At the time I noticed this the car had about 140 miles on it. After some research I learned that some others have seen this before and that it most likely happened during shipping from the factory, the car must have been strapped down incorrectly or something.

I immediately opened up a service request and scheduled an appointment for 11/7/22, and was advised by the SC to bring it by before that to have someone take a quick look. I went by and everyone at my local SC was very nice and helpful. They had the lead tech come out and she was immediately shocked by the damage. They weren't sure how this was going to be fixed, I believe I heard one of them say that it was going to possibly be a HV battery swap. They let me know that when I bring it in on the 7th they'll immediately take it to the body shop for repair, but couldn't say what the actual repair will be until I bring it in for the appointment. That all makes sense to me. They also told me that it will be a warranty repair.

My worry now is that if the entire battery needs to be replaced, since as far as I can tell the metal from the jack points is shared by the metal covering the HV battery, I'm not sure I feel comfortable having such a major repair done on a brand new car. Would it make sense to ask them if the car can be replaced? What would you do?

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 180
  • photo_2022-10-30_13-31-40.jpg
    photo_2022-10-30_13-31-40.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 150