Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Sunday 2020 S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery a day early, awesome!

39B64845-4BE5-411B-95D1-09FD5891AC1E.jpeg 0D0E7D86-05CF-42FE-B4CD-111F79DED636.jpeg

Yep, noticeably faster. Beautiful vehicle.

Had two issues, rear hatch alignment, they fixed that in about 10 minutes and now it's perfect. Also a couple paint issues, one tick below the clear, not worth fixing, but another one that needs to be corrected, it's not terrible but it's in a very noticeable location (unbelievable how they missed it at the factory). They offered to attempt it on delivery day but nah, it's gonna require some sanding, blending, and clearing that panel. They said as long as a certified Tesla shop does the work it they would cover it under warranty and I've already set that up locally so we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, best paint I've seen on a Tesla, got lucky. Much better than my X.

Totally enjoying the new ride. Should have got the S to begin with.

I took delivery of an S LR+ Saturday. Near perfect car. One little area on right rear bumper looks like a scuff but I think it is clear coat mistake. Did not see that until I got home. I think it will buff out. The little triangular window near the passenger side mirror is not installed properly and leaks air. I have scheduled mobile service to come fix that. Other than that, the car is beautiful.

I'm having a hard time learning how to drive a Tesla though. I can't get used to the regen braking. It feels like I am slamming on the brakes. I am trying to be smooth. I feel like a kid again learning how to drive all over again. There needs to be a training wheels mode for old farts like me. Ha! I wish the low regen option was still available.

I'm having a hard time learning how to drive a Tesla though. I can't get used to the regen braking. It feels like I am slamming on the brakes. I am trying to be smooth. I feel like a kid again learning how to drive all over again. There needs to be a training wheels mode for old farts like me. Ha! I wish the low regen option was still available.

Congrats! You can still turn down regen ... I did that for a while but have since turned it back to the default, should extend brake life a bit ... it does take some getting used to. Driving the car never gets old, so fun :p