Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on order - VIN assisgned est delivery 9/26 - 9/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to getting the S - but one thing was interesting..when my VIN was assissnged it state that my order had changes and that I needed to confirm and accept these changes. Turns out it was informing me, which i already knew, that no USSensors will be coming with this car and will rely on Tesla Vision for distance, summons etc. Also it stated that features like summons may not be operational at time of delivery. I thought Tesla Vison has been out for a while and by now most of this would have been addressed. Also, when you use a referral code you get 3 months of FSD - how much of that is going to be effective by Telsa Vision? We will soon find out...

Does Summons not work?
It doesn't on my 2020 S. I tried to get it to come to me yesterday, and it backed out, started going down the parking lane. Instead of going to the end of the lane, it tried to go between two parked cars to cross the parking lane, almost hitting both. It has always been just a toy. Supposed to have Actual Smart Summon (ASS) as Elon calls it now, coming out in a month or two Tesla time. Don't hold your breath.

Ordered on 9/2, got ViN on 9/6, car delivered on 9/9 despite the original estimate of end Sept/early Oct. The car was a 9/2023 build so it was not an inventory assignment.

In comparison my last car took the whole of a month from order to VIN and subsequent delivery at the factory.
Being in CA that makes more sense..but still very quick...as I believe Freemont is the only factory making Model S and X.

Being in CA that makes more sense..but still very quick...as I believe Freemont is the only factory making Model S and X.
Yes, the car was delivered in Sunnyvale CA maybe 10 miles from Fremont, and I do believe you're right in that the S and X are produced only at Fremont.

I admit I was surprised how soon the VIN assignment and delivery was - I thought they assigned me an older inventory, despite my declining their offer to match me up with an existing VIN the day I placed my order. But no, the door sticker says its a 9/2023 build it is certainly smells fresh off the press.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Interesting… ordered my MSP on 9/9, no VIN, EDD September-October, but I’m in NY, not CA.

In comparison, my previous MYP was ordered on 8/5/21 and delivered on 8/26/21.
Mine is an MSLR, not MSP . Not sure how much of a difference that makes to assembly line scheduling. 19", deep blue metallic but cream/walnut decor.

When I went to pick up at Sunnyvale, I was the only MS buyer in the lot. There was one MX. Both these cars had the 'privilege' of being covered up, while all the pending M3/MYs were uncovered in the open lot pick up section.

August 26 received a trade in price on my 2021 Y From Tesla priced was based upon excellent condition. Based on that on 9/1 ordered a new S. Went thru process and and trade in came in $500 less. I inquired what was wrong with car to deduct $500. They said nothing the market had changed. They refused to budge and honor the quote of just a week earlier. I thought trade in values were good for 30 days. Evidentially Tesla feels they can adjust them on the fly. My delivery is set for the 9/22. I’m on the edge as to whether to go forward with the purchase. It just doesn’t taste right. Any thoughts?

Read your trade-in agreement and make them stand by it. I am pretty sure you are correct unless Tesla changed things. Tell them that you will take it to small claims court (or just use arbitration) unless they correct this mistake. If the car is acceptable and they haven't made any correction, after you purchase the vehicle note the discrepancy by your purchase agreement signature. You initial the discrepancy, and they initial it as well. Get a copy. Take action.

Read your trade-in agreement and make them stand by it. I am pretty sure you are correct unless Tesla changed things. Tell them that you will take it to small claims court (or just use arbitration) unless they correct this mistake. If the car is acceptable and they haven't made any correction, after you purchase the vehicle note the discrepancy by your purchase agreement signature. You initial the discrepancy, and they initial it as well. Get a copy. Take action.
I’m not sure I want to buy an almost 80k automobile and have to fight with the company for what should be good customer service. Sometimes when things go bad in the beginning they seldom improve going forward. By the way, great looking dog!

Hey everyone!
I placed an order for an MSP on 9-8-23 and haven't received any updates regarding the VIN. Has anyone else ordered around the same time and can share their wait time experience? The estimated delivery is between September to October, but naturally, the anticipation is real! 😊 Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone!
I placed an order for an MSP on 9-8-23 and haven't received any updates regarding the VIN. Has anyone else ordered around the same time and can share their wait time experience? The estimated delivery is between September to October, but naturally, the anticipation is real! 😊 Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
My MSP order was on 9/9 with EDD of September-October. I’ve got so bored today that I read the entire manual.

We should hear from Tesla in about 2 weeks for the VIN and delivery a week after that, if all goes well.

I was never notified when a VIN was assigned. You need to check your order in your account online. You will see the RN number changed to a VIN. I checked a few times a day.
it’s easier to check the app as it would “unlock” the next step automatically

Attachments

• IMG_9708.jpeg
    IMG_9708.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 156
At some point soon they will only be building cars that can be delivered by the end of the month (quarter's end). When they are done with that, they may start building foreign orders which are usually filled early in quarter so they can be delivered in that quarter. Of course, if there is no longer high demand, things may change.