Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on order - VIN assisgned est delivery 9/26 - 9/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSLR, 19", Deep Blue Metallic, Cream/Walnut .

August 26 received a trade in price on my 2021 Y From Tesla priced was based upon excellent condition. Based on that on 9/1 ordered a new S. Went thru process and and trade in came in $500 less. I inquired what was wrong with car to deduct $500. They said nothing the market had changed. They refused to budge and honor the quote of just a week earlier. I thought trade in values were good for 30 days. Evidentially Tesla feels they can adjust them on the fly. My delivery is set for the 9/22. I’m on the edge as to whether to go forward with the purchase. It just doesn’t taste right. Any thoughts?
OMG

That is what happened to me yesterday.

Exactly SAME THING !!

Submitted my trade in, got an offer, in that email says trade in offer will be finalized AFTER ordering new car.

Ordered new car, paid $250 , submitted trade in offer trough APP and got offer $600 less !!

Im ready to cancel my order.
Will lose $250 but i dont care.

Sent the message trough the phone asking if they can honor the price they told me 4 days ago and they said no, cant negotiate trade in offer !!

• Funny
Reactions: racerx2005
My MSP order was on 9/9 with EDD of September-October. I’ve got so bored today that I read the entire manual.

We should hear from Tesla in about 2 weeks for the VIN and delivery a week after that, if all goes well.
Seems like we placed our orders almost simultaneously and both of us are on the east coast! I went for the black while you chose red. It'll be intriguing to see when we both get our VINs. Do keep us updated!

Just got somewhat of an update - VIN has already been assigned..now est delivery date has moved to- 9/21 - 930 - was 9/26-9/30. I don't think we have much to worry about (orders placed in the first 10 days or so in September) as you all know Tesla is veracious when it comes to end of quarter deliveries.

As for the trade-in values changing that totally bits...they shouldn't change the price on you guys..especially when more than likely a profit will be had when they sell your car down the road (if a tesla trade). Hopefully you guys used a referral code (dm if you would like to use mine) - as I don't think it is to late as you get a pretty good discount as well, which may offset any downward revision on your trade value.

I would keep a look out as anything close to a 10/2 or so EDD would be pushed hard to be delivered in the 3rd Qrt. So there may be a good chance you get a last-minute EDD change to 9/30. Or we all could get pushed to October..who knows..lol. Just checked and mine is still showing 9/21 - 9/30.

Unlikely.

I'm thinking of putting my order for a MSP. I too have an initial trade in valuation. So, I'm just like you guys, ItalianoNC and Faksnima...preparing to get the shaft when they reduce the trade-in $. Question, is there any benefit in holding off ordering near the end of September to get a 2024 instead...I can wait till October/November. When time for trading in, is there a higher trade-in for a 2024 years down the line?

I'm thinking of putting my order for a MSP. I too have an initial trade in valuation. So, I'm just like you guys, ItalianoNC and Faksnima...preparing to get the shaft when they reduce the trade-in $. Question, is there any benefit in holding off ordering near the end of September to get a 2024 instead...I can wait till October/November. When time for trading in, is there a higher trade-in for a 2024 years down the line?
Do y'all really think they'll cut the trade in less than agreed upon on the risk of losing sales?

Sounds like some believe Tesla will do whatever it takes to get all these cars delivered before end of the quarter. Are they gonna nickel and dime trade in agreed upon values to risk losing those sales numbers?

If I show up with my trade in, and they cut the offer substantially, then I would likely tell them I'm not ready to pick up the new Tesla today as I would need to go look into private selling my vehicle vs selling it to another dealership.

Sep 30 is 11 days away, does pushing cars out the door for last qtr delivery result in shoddy assembly? If I wait till Oct, I realize my trade-in will definitely take a hit. Does delivery in Oct-Dec result in the vehicle being a 2024 model year?