Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Today - Rear Driver Panel Different Shade of White!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That door appears to be a repair made post manufacturing. Perhaps damage during transport (truck to railyard, in railyard, truck to tesla store, etc.) Local body shop did a hack job! When you open the door does the inner part of the door paint match the door jamb? Is the edge of the door rough or have a seam of old paint to new?

Reactions: zoomer0056
same...i prefer it without the covers.

that's how i'll be rolling for a bit until i decide which aftermarket wheels i want
Immediately took off the Gemini covers when I got home.

Attachments

• 0C7A56E2-687F-4FF6-B05B-1162D1E13586.jpeg
    0C7A56E2-687F-4FF6-B05B-1162D1E13586.jpeg
    852.6 KB · Views: 156
My bumpers are slightly different in color seen yesterday on an overcast day. Same thing seen on my LX470 yesterday which is also pearl white. You can sort of see it in my pic above from this morning though. When I spoke with the delivery gal yesterday, she said hers has the same issue and is due to difference in metal and plastic and that Tesla would say this is normal. Looking at YouTube videos, I also see the difference on white model Y’s. But if the door is different, that’s certainly an issue.

My bumpers are slightly different in color seen yesterday on an overcast day. Same thing seen on my LX470 yesterday which is also pearl white. You can sort of see it in my pic above from this morning though. When I spoke with the delivery gal yesterday, she said hers has the same issue and is due to difference in metal and plastic and that Tesla would say this is normal. Looking at YouTube videos, I also see the difference on white model Y’s. But if the door is different, that’s certainly an issue.
Hard to tell with all the metal parts of the car covered in frost.

My wife's Pearle White 2023 MYLR picked up 2 weeks ago has very slight difference between the 2 doors on the driver's side also. No enough to have it repainted.

Every car with pearl white I've had has slight difference color bumper covers. Plastic bumper covers are painted separately from the car. Pearl white is real had to match if a panel is repainted. They need to blend into the adjacent panel so you eye doesn't see any difference.

My wife's Pearle White 2023 MYLR picked up 2 weeks ago has very slight difference between the 2 doors on the driver's side also. No enough to have it repainted.

Every car with pearl white I've had has slight difference color bumper covers. Plastic bumper covers are painted separately from the car. Pearl white is real had to match if a panel is repainted. They need to blend into the adjacent panel so you eye doesn't see any difference.
OK, Here is my wife's recently picked up Austin Built Model Y. As you can see the doors on the driver side are different colors. I will live with it because I don't want to go through multiple repaints just to make it match better.

I've been through pearl white mismatch before with a Toyota that was repaired. I swore I would never buy another Pearl White again. I like the color so much for keeping the panels cool in Florida that Now I have 2 of my 3 vehicles in Pearl white.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: zoomer0056
Got the car back, door is mostly fixed now. BUT NOW - they've returned it with a pinhole in the interior door trim on the door that was painted and a new scratch on the bumper down to the plastic. These people are just incompetent.

The saga continues!

1681917056794.png

1681916963705.png

1681916981790.png

1681917000802.png

• Disagree
Reactions: fredzos