Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Feb 25th when the flood of inventory cars hit the market, I snatched up a P90D!

I've spent the last few weeks watching all the videos, reading forums posts and trying not to bug my DS with too many questions.

The car took a trip from Chicago where it was a demo, back to the factory in Fremont, presumably for reconditioning and arrived in Seattle yesterday. My DS said the service dept needed Thursday and Friday morning to complete inspections and I can come pick it up at 1pm.

Still have a couple things to clean up in the garage and I should be ready.

Now how am I going to sleep tonight?

Delivery went great! I showed up a few minutes early and checked out the cars outside. There were a lot more Model Xs then I would have thought. My DS said they have been getting truck after truck lately.

We walked in and met with our DS and was walked over to our car. It was presented with two red carpets on either side and a big white bow on top!

He had me jump in the car and went over the features and menus of the car, that took an hour or so. Then we did a walk around and I noticed there was no underline on the "P90D". He explained that since my car was an inventory car it was early enough that they didn't put one on. He disappeared into the back and came back with a service tech who applied the new battery badge!

After we signed the papers, he told me he would be right back with a key fob cover and came back with a black goody bag with 2 leather key fob holders, mug, umbrella, lapel pin and Tesla pen. We thanked him, installed our car seats and took off to Bellevue.

Arrived at Bellevue Square Mall and parked in the garage down by the demo cars. I was immediately approached by a lady trying to plug her Audi in at a chargepoint. I tried to help as much as I could but she was in a hurry and didn't have time to call the number.

We went up to the Tesla store and met with our SA. She seemed as excited as we were! She asked how the delivery went and if we had been given our owners hats. We told her it was great but no hats, she immediately ran into the back and came back out with another bag and a couple of hats. After about 45 minutes of general chit chat about the car and the company we took off to Issaquah to meet some family for dinner.

Parked the car right in front of the restaurant and had a mini nervous breakdown when anyone parked next to it.
Took a few family members for a test ride around the parking lot and got lots of happy cussing whenever I hit the accelerator.

Off to Ellensburg to visit the Supercharger. I've been there before to admire the Teslas and often find it ICEd. This time it was empty, so I backed in and gave the car a 10 minute charge just to try it :)

Made it back to Yakima, and put her away in the garage. Plugged into the NEMA 14-50 and it worked! Guess that electrician knew what he was doing.

I think I must have worn the hinges off the garage door double checking the car was actually in there.

Yesterday, I took the car around to some friends houses to give test drives. Learned how to activate launch mode. Programmed the homelink and setup summon. The garage door only tried to come down on the car once, but that was enough for me to disable the auto homelink. I think i'll look into raising the garage door sensors before I try again.

Overall its been a fantastic experience, I cant wait to get back in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_6235[1].JPG
    IMG_6235[1].JPG
    588.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6239[1].JPG
    IMG_6239[1].JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6240[1].JPG
    IMG_6240[1].JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6242[1].JPG
    IMG_6242[1].JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6260[1].JPG
    IMG_6260[1].JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6261[1].JPG
    IMG_6261[1].JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6264[1].JPG
    IMG_6264[1].JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6286[1].JPG
    IMG_6286[1].JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: bmah
Delivery went great! I showed up a few minutes early and checked out the cars outside. There were a lot more Model Xs then I would have thought. My DS said they have been getting truck after truck lately.

We walked in and met with our DS and was walked over to our car. It was presented with two red carpets on either side and a big white bow on top!

He had me jump in the car and went over the features and menus of the car, that took an hour or so. Then we did a walk around and I noticed there was no underline on the "P90D". He explained that since my car was an inventory car it was early enough that they didn't put one on. He disappeared into the back and came back with a service tech who applied the new battery badge!

After we signed the papers, he told me he would be right back with a key fob cover and came back with a black goody bag with 2 leather key fob holders, mug, umbrella, lapel pin and Tesla pen. We thanked him, installed our car seats and took off to Bellevue.

Arrived at Bellevue Square Mall and parked in the garage down by the demo cars. I was immediately approached by a lady trying to plug her Audi in at a chargepoint. I tried to help as much as I could but she was in a hurry and didn't have time to call the number.

We went up to the Tesla store and met with our SA. She seemed as excited as we were! She asked how the delivery went and if we had been given our owners hats. We told her it was great but no hats, she immediately ran into the back and came back out with another bag and a couple of hats. After about 45 minutes of general chit chat about the car and the company we took off to Issaquah to meet some family for dinner.

Parked the car right in front of the restaurant and had a mini nervous breakdown when anyone parked next to it.
Took a few family members for a test ride around the parking lot and got lots of happy cussing whenever I hit the accelerator.

Off to Ellensburg to visit the Supercharger. I've been there before to admire the Teslas and often find it ICEd. This time it was empty, so I backed in and gave the car a 10 minute charge just to try it :)

Made it back to Yakima, and put her away in the garage. Plugged into the NEMA 14-50 and it worked! Guess that electrician knew what he was doing.

I think I must have worn the hinges off the garage door double checking the car was actually in there.

Yesterday, I took the car around to some friends houses to give test drives. Learned how to activate launch mode. Programmed the homelink and setup summon. The garage door only tried to come down on the car once, but that was enough for me to disable the auto homelink. I think i'll look into raising the garage door sensors before I try again.

Overall its been a fantastic experience, I cant wait to get back in the car.

Very cool! Congratulations! The pics look great and sounds like it was a great first day!