Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[email protected] is a complete waste of time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just to counter all this negativity

My dealings went swimmingly until the final furlong ...

Salesman has just emailed me a final invoice, too late to process through bank today ... that leaves me 24 hours to get payment to Tesla and for them to be confident they have got it, or it is "in transit", to get the car on Thursday. I don't mind that it is tight, provided that they don't. My travel plans to collect are made, and will be very inconvenient to have to change

The Final Invoice has not appeared in My Tesla, so seems the salesman is bypassing the systems to achieve this ... typical Tesla Chaos.

I had other COMMs today with an invoice for money they took some time ago (on another matter). The invoice made out to my name, my daughter's address, my personal email address but spelled wrongly (on invoice) (so, surely, that must have been typed manually, and not even copy & pasted ...)

All the details on My Tesla are correct along with my preferred email address ... but not used. I have no idea why they have used my daughter's address ... she has a car on My Tesla, but has had nothing to do with the transaction, and the goods I bought weren't delivered there either

I am having a similar problem buying a used Model S.
Deposit paid last week, I am just asking for an ETA as I have no idea when it is due to arrive?
I have emailed many times and tried to call the Used Vehicle Advisor and he has gone quiet. I am being ignored.

Well almost in the same boat, studiply put a 4K deposit on a used Model S, the used sales advisor finally called me back after a few emails. Looked at pictures etc saw the driver's seat has the thread coming apart about 1cm wide, waiting for confirmation on what they plan on doing to that. Aside from the normal dings and tiny scratches, If I go ahead with the sale and Inspect the car on Collection, Can I refuse the car on collection and ask for a full refund? I believe that's what the Guy told me on the phone, anyone had that experience?

I believe you are entitled to a refund, but it would be worth (trying to) confirm this.
Also UK Distance Selling Regulations probably apply.

This is ridiculous, I have just received this email below confirming I can get a refund at collection however it also says due to a system error they cant invoice the car for another 3 weeks, is this to do with this particular Car or will this affect any other order that I place, I just cant believe it.

"
Good morning.

We are sorry to inform you that there is a system error which prevents us from invoicing your car. We are aiming to have this resolved in the week of 25th of November. This means that we are aiming for your collection to be by the end of November, early December. We appreciate your patience and look forward to handing over your Tesla.

You will still have the option to cancel your order and ask for a refund @ collection.

Please let me know what you feel most comfortable doing.

"

This is ridiculous

And while contemplating if I should wait or go for another item in inventory, I logged into my tesla account this morning and lo and behold, Its been called, saying I requested cancellation yesterday which I didnt.

Seems my Tesla dream is over even before it started.

Back to hunting ..

• Informative
Reactions: Banksy888
I was told they are updating their internal platform (switching from salesforce to something else or vice-versa). As a result things are a little weird right now.

I was in the annoyed camp, but then I called my local sales centre (Cambridge, an hour away). They have been really helpful and so long as you let the phone ring for 5 minutes will eventually answer it. And always call you back. I also have two of their three staffs mobile phones since they were nice enough (crazy enough) to call me back on those a couple of times.

I have a pick up on Friday next week but have no final invoice yet. If I don't get an invoice or a number plate by Tuesday I will start calling the sales office again (I also gave up on the delivery phone number).

I am getting a new Model S Performance, but did have a Model 3 Performance on order for my wife. She decided she wants to wait for the Y so I cancelled the 3, deposit was back in 3 days, no chasing (this was a month ago).

I read all the above with nervousness since I already sold my last car so am driving around in my daughter's Orange Mini right now.....

I feel so bad for Tesla staff trying to work in the middle of this!

My 4k paid a few weeks ago. Took a couple of weeks to get pictures.

Been chasing the invoice for 3 weeks or longer. Delivery was due tomorrow, now trying for Monday, but no good signs!

As others have said, individual staff usually helpful but no real progress or indeed any information to base a plan on. I am so ready to cancel because I just can deal with the prospect of more like this in future. If it's this bad before they get my money, what will it be like 2 - 3 years from now?

I was told they are updating their internal platform (switching from salesforce to something else or vice-versa). As a result things are a little weird right now.

I was in the annoyed camp, but then I called my local sales centre (Cambridge, an hour away). They have been really helpful and so long as you let the phone ring for 5 minutes will eventually answer it. And always call you back. I also have two of their three staffs mobile phones since they were nice enough (crazy enough) to call me back on those a couple of times.

I have a pick up on Friday next week but have no final invoice yet. If I don't get an invoice or a number plate by Tuesday I will start calling the sales office again (I also gave up on the delivery phone number).

I am getting a new Model S Performance, but did have a Model 3 Performance on order for my wife. She decided she wants to wait for the Y so I cancelled the 3, deposit was back in 3 days, no chasing (this was a month ago).

I read all the above with nervousness since I already sold my last car so am driving around in my daughter's Orange Mini right now.....

Thank you for this, this calmed my nerves a bit. I called mu Tesla contact person and he answered on his mobile after the 3rd ring. H eis looking into this and will let me know.

will they treat me any better when I need wty service than they did during the purchasing process?

The staff are helpful, and conscientious. Its getting hold of a Human that seems to be the problem.

The theory is nice: "Here's your new car collection appointment time, CLICK HERE for a calendar if you want to change it" works for me. But Tesla removed all ability to phone before they had put any web alternative in place.

"Here's your new car collection appointment time" and no easy way to request something different is nuts. The preferred route is to Email. If your requested slot is available, and suitable to Tesla, then I guess that works, if not then it is email ping-pong thereafter.

Want to order a 32AMP Commando adaptor? No Sir, definitely NOT available on the newly launched UK Web Shop. Just email [email protected]. Yes Sir there is a very good reason why this address is "UK" but for delivery questions you need the "GB" address [email protected] I am sure Sir will remember to use the right suffix each time ...

... and so on ...

So Tesla decided to cancel my order without my knowledge after all.

Good morning.

Please be advised that a cancellation + refund was requested by a coworker unfortunately. I wasn’t able to undo.

I highly recommend you placing the deposit again as soon as you see the car back online.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

What a shame!

My initial impression is that the Tesla UK sales system seems to be a complete shambles. I have 3 invoices, all different, and the delivery notification I received this afternoon is titled "Rescheduled: Delivery Appointment", which is cobblers, as it's the first delivery notification I've had from them.

I'm now trying to get the delivery time they've given me changed, as I haven't got a hope in hell of getting there by 10:00. I'm reluctant to 'phone them, in case they accidentally cancel the order or something.

Right now I think the safest course of action may be to just turn up late. I can't see them giving the car to someone else if I turn up a couple of hours late, but then again...