Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[email protected] is a complete waste of time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't blame you ... moved my car on shortly before 100K miles for similar reason.

Does R Symons offer some sort of insurance warranty? I hear good things about him, but have no idea how he solves the warranty aspect
Exactly the same reason I ll be buying from Tesla, have to trade it in before the end of the 2year/5ok miles warranty. I wonder if anyone actually do buy these cars privately.

In general Tesla behave better than that....

But interaction with them is pure chaos :(

Problem I find apart from initial contact, is inconsistency. You can ask 3 people a question and get 4 different answers. And the arrogance of some members of staff, but thankfully most are great, just some don't know how to say "don't know" to a question and just seem to make something up.

sold my last one through RSymons - can't recommend them highly enough.

As for buying - I am in exactly the same position, a Tesla 4yr CPO warranty is important to me.
If RSymons could come up with a viable warranty alternative I think their market would be enhanced greatly.
There are a number of warranty firms out there, but I was always concerned about their ability to exclude any defect you actually had, and EVs just sounds like a bunch of excuses from the off.
It's not the Teslas are unreliable, in fact they are as reliable as any cars I have owned and certainly way ahead of Audi and MB in my experience. However if it does go wrong, it is an expensive car so a fix will likely be expensive, and odds on you will lose your car for weeks at the SC. Warranty should improve chances of a loaner you would hope.

Just another data point about [email protected] being a waste of time. I had an email from this email address on 11th November, informing me of my delivery date and time etc. I replied to this email immediately, to confirm I'd be there on the 22nd, but that I couldn't make it for 10:00, and asking for the time to be put back to 12:00.

Just had a 'phone call from Tesla asking me if I'm going to be able to collect the car on the 22nd. I asked if they'd read my email, chap confirmed there was no trace of it. As usual, the chap on the 'phone was very helpful, changed the time to 12:00 and within seconds a new invoice appeared on my account page with the correct date and time.

I strongly suspect that emails sent to [email protected] just go into a black hole somewhere, so there's probably no point in trying to use this email address, better to just call them.