Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo 2019 Mid Range 300 miles for 43,340 keep or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Friends,
I have been matched with a car 2019 Blue Mid range demo car with pricing issues. I am in the market for a long range rwd, but, Tesla said I most likely would not get it in time for the tax credit. The reason I am being stuck with this car is my sales person basically refused to match me with the long-range, choosing to fight for the below-explained price reduction on a demo midrange . He waisted two and a half weeks on this mid-range and now I am stuck getting the mid range or losing the tax deduction and waiting another month to get the long-range rwd that I actually want.

Initially, this car was offered to me with a 5,600 price adjustment. Then randomly the discount disappeared. Finally, they offered 2,260 off and that's what they are sticking too.

I feel its obviously such a shock to be matched and offered a car at one price then it changes without any reasoning.

My reason for posting is after tax this used-ish car with 300 miles and probably abused is priced at 46,250 after tax. Is there any value to this vehicle? Is it worth accepting even with the price bait and switch?

Would you keep the midrange at this higher price, or get a long-range rwd and lose the credit. If your max budget is 52k With my max budget that is taking into account getting 3,750 back at the end of the year. =(
Thank so much for you thoughts

Need more details please. Color, options, wheels. "discounted price" offered. your state tax %. While you're trying to figure what to do, get a hold of another sales person and start hunting for a LR RWD inventory car. 300 miles sounds like a 7 day returned car but abused? hard to tell.

Its a 2019 mid-range Blue paint, stock rims 18s, black interior

The discounted price was initially $40,010, after they removed the price adjustment its now $43,340. This is pre-delivery fee, tax and title.

The credit is nice for sure. I'd say it really matters on how you drive. I have an SR+ but I really only take a "road trip" 1-2 times a year and never drive 200 miles in a day.

If your situation is the same or close, take that discount and price adjustment.

I received 400 dollars off mine because it had 10 miles as a demo, so I'd say yours is a pretty strong discount

Really the fact that I had the car with a much higher discount and then they increased the price for no reason is very upsetting. Even with the $2260 off you still think its a decent deal?
I need the longer range as well, my commute is extensive and I do it every other week Round trip of approx. 180 miles. And I definitely have range anxiety from my old Model s 70 with 220-mile range.

With those options in a LR RWD brand new is a $46,900 + $1200 destination fee = $48,100. that's a $4760/$6635 (with the additional $1875 from tax credit since finding or getting a LR RWD before 06/30 is highly unlikely). For me, if the car is in excellent shape and comes with premium interior, I would go for it.

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D
There are 19 days left until the end of the month. Tesla is producing as many as 900 cars per day and quoting a 2 week lead time on all orders. Tesla salespeople do not have access to the production planning team so they have no idea what cars Tesla is building next. 90% of the stuff Tesla employees say is wrong.

Order a LR RWD if that is what you want. Ignore the people who are saying you won’t get one. Just get the order in. Tesla will want to fill as many orders as they can. If they can’t get you a LR RWD, they may offer you a generous discount on an AWD model. But the key is to get the order in and on the books so you can be part of the final end of month push to move cars.

There are 19 days left until the end of the month.
Order a LR RWD if that is what you want. Ignore the people who are saying you won’t get one. Just get the order in. Tesla will want to fill as many orders as they can. If they can’t get you a LR RWD, they may offer you a generous discount on an AWD model. But the key is to get the order in and on the books so you can be part of the final end of month push to move cars.
Yep, I’d agree. Just get it in.

• Love
Reactions: 3Sweet