TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dent in new Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CTemp222, Jan 17, 2016.

1. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I was browsing YouTube today and came across this video Dent In Tesla Model X - YouTube
    all it says is that there is a dent in a new Sig X, does anyone know about dents being reported in new X's?. It seems strange that the person who posted did not provide any details...
    (THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO).

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

I see reflections not dents.

3. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

It doesn't seem strange because it's a "dent removal" place that posted the video. So, they know if they put "Tesla Model X" in the title it will get clicks. Maybe they fixed it, but by not showing a before and after, it leads me to believe they're just trying to ride coat tails.

4. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

It's certainly hard to tell if there are any dents, but if he is the owner of that Sig X I don't think he would lie about it...

5. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Look at the channel. Shows a bunch of different cars. He/she is not the owner. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWxL1C6cMB4Q1dX8aWXCUog

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Looks like how some protective films can make the paint look.

7. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

yea that would make sense. The curves on the X do make it look indented in some areas though, however I've never seen one in person so I wouldn't necessarily know. Are there any X owners that may have insight on the curves of the car?

8. DougH

DougH Active Member

I was going to respond exactly how you did but the odd thing is that when people make videos like this trying to advertise their business they will say hey this is the damage and now it's gone, we are awesome. but he didn't do that, so either he is the owner (my guess not since there's a dot com) or he is a busienss owner who sucks at marketing.

9. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Thats why I found it so strange that this guy just showed us the car and didn't try to sell any snake oil.

10. DougH

DougH Active Member

Shows us the dent if you're going to post videos about dent removal. Epic Fail.

11. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Haha exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

The website says their based in Dallas Texas, does anyone who lives near there know anything about these guys?

12. fwgmills

fwgmills Member

Rated **

I expected a dent, but the cinematography was lacking so no dent can be seen. Very poor SFX. Beautiful backdrop though. Only reason it got two stars and not one.