Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent removal in the rocker panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a dent in the rocker panel. A PDR person said that they cannot repair the dent. Has anyone had any experience with the glue pull method? From what I can tell, a body shop would be a little expensive...Thanks!
dent.jpg

I got a dent in the rocker panel. A PDR person said that they cannot repair the dent. Has anyone had any experience with the glue pull method? From what I can tell, a body shop would be a little expensive...Thanks!View attachment 872630
1. The paint got damaged, so you will need to "paint" the area.
2. glue pull method doesn't work on the damage like yours.
3. There's no way they can access the other side of the rocker panel to "massage" the metal.

I got a dent in the rocker panel. A PDR person said that they cannot repair the dent. Has anyone had any experience with the glue pull method? From what I can tell, a body shop would be a little expensive...Thanks!View attachment 872630
I have and it cost me a new battery. I never did receive pictures from Tesla on what cooling item it broke.

Service said the brace punctured the battery and it was flooded with coolant. Told me I was lucky it didn't start on fire.

Here is my picture.

Attachments

• 20211128_201036.jpg
    20211128_201036.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I got a dent in the rocker panel. A PDR person said that they cannot repair the dent.

Rocket penal is relatively thick steel, but it's definitely malleable.
I would get an opinion from another PDR person before proceeding down the list of alternatives.

3. There's no way they can access the other side of the rocker panel to "massage" the metal.

Sure they can, there are 1.5" access holes covered with rubber plugs behind wheel well liners.
An average PDR person may, or may not, be aware of this fact. Inform them.

Has anyone had any experience with the glue pull method? From what I can tell, a body shop would be a little expensive...Thanks!

A body shop will apply bondo to the indent, then paint over it.
You can DIY that, or pay someone ~$500 to do it for you.

HTH,
a

I have an appointment with Tesla to remedy a few small delivery issues, including this rocker dent, so I'll see what they propose for the fix. I'm torn about whether it's better to just keep it as is if the repair is going to require body filler, paint, etc.