Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Departure Time Charging Update in UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a PV panel ‘repays’ it’s carbon debt in 1.4years ...

The contrary view then is that they are going to build the North Seas Wind either way, so every PV panel is extra CO2 emitted (at this point in the planet's history)

But I share your views and struggle to persuade myself its as simple as that; also the huge risk that no one does anything - and, worse!, my mucky mates, who HAVE done nothing, will turn out to not be required to do anything and my efforts will have been for nought :(. I've done loads already, and am doing more, and keep on badgering all my mates who are doing less (that's all of them, bar anyone here that might be considered a mate :) ). There are shed loads of arguments made that X is turning out to be a bad idea (unforeseen side effects), but even so doing something ... anything ... seems the best approach. "No rain drop thought that it caused the flood" so just stop as many raindrops as possible.

What I do (which is definitely not a "charge to stop at" solution) is...
cheers for that. We don't have a routine so no real solution to actually charging to a specific point for a specific departure without going through that rigmarole at various times over various days. But thanks for sharing your routine. Will be a lot easier if the next update(s) enable this for us...