Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio - model3config.com (unofficial)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Road and Track did their thing at the GF they said they weren't allowed to show any interior pictures because that was a work in progress. I suspect the Model 3 is going to have a rather spartan interior. They have said there won't be any instruments where there is usually an instrument cluster in front of the driver. I think that's a mistake design-wise.

When Road and Track did their thing at the GF they said they weren't allowed to show any interior pictures because that was a work in progress. I suspect the Model 3 is going to have a rather spartan interior. They have said there won't be any instruments where there is usually an instrument cluster in front of the driver. I think that's a mistake design-wise.

Why not wait until you see the final design before deciding whether it is a mistake?

Reactions: deonb
That is one sparse interior.

The stitching on the wheel's got to go! Woof!:p Hopefully that won't be part of the "steering system." :)

I like the current sparse interior. Add a HUD and we get pure perfection, but maybe it's because it's more of a Scandinavian approach :)

Compare it with f.e BMW 6 series, buttons, wheels, weird angles all over the place. I think it's ugly and rather old looking:

2012_bmw_6-series_coupe_131_1600x1200.jpg

Reactions: plankeye
So I had been leaning towards getting the Model 3 in red since my previous 3 cars have been white, silver, and black, respectively. But after seeing this, screw that, the only acceptable red for me is Signature Red. If it isn't offered, I'm sticking to a base color. If you couldn't tell by my user name, I'm an FSU grad from Miami. The Signature Red would match my FSU tag and Miami Heat license plate frame oh so nicely... First world problems?

I like the current sparse interior. Add a HUD and we get pure perfection, but maybe it's because it's more of a Scandinavian approach :)

Compare it with f.e BMW 6 series, buttons, wheels, weird angles all over the place. I think it's ugly and rather old looking:

2012_bmw_6-series_coupe_131_1600x1200.jpg
I actually like the sparse interior a lot too. I just thought the wheel was ugly. But according to EM, that's just a placeholder for the real wheel/steering system. I also think no cluster with a HUD would be super-cool. It all says "future" to me.

It doesn't look too bad with 18's. A little thick in the rear, but not too bad otherwise. I just hope the 18" wheels are good looking. Those 16's are just way too small. The base will have to be 18". I think even 17" would be too small.

I like the 18's too. I think we can rule out 19" (cost) wheels but i made a 17" version just to cover all bases. I could actually consider 17" for the winter tires. Assuming, of course, that i got the measurements right.
model3black_17.jpg

So I had been leaning towards getting the Model 3 in red since my previous 3 cars have been white, silver, and black, respectively. But after seeing this, screw that, the only acceptable red for me is Signature Red. If it isn't offered, I'm sticking to a base color. If you couldn't tell by my user name, I'm an FSU grad from Miami. The Signature Red would match my FSU tag and Miami Heat license plate frame oh so nicely... First world problems?
God Noles