Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio - model3config.com (unofficial)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing everyone! Its about time to head to work now but I will be doing lots of thinking about color options. The original idea for the site was to keep it more or less existing Tesla colors. I was also thinking of an alternate colors page so that it doesn't clutter up the main Tesla colors page. I don't know yet, if I can think of a way to do it right I will happily put that on the list of things to do.

Yah I think separating them would be a good way to go. Real most likely production colors vs alternate fan colors is a good way of doing it... Because lots of us including I, are planning on going with matte paint that may not be offered by Tesla and probably with a different set of rims too so that option would be great since if gives us an idea how the car looks before spending money and do it...

Last edited:
Great work @bayol :)

For the interior I hope they do the synthetic white leather they have for the X.

As for custom colours, perhaps have an extra colour box at the end with a question mark, and when you click on it a slider of hue appears and by holding mouse on slider and dragging it left or right changes the colour of the image.

Great job. Any chance of lets say a 18" wheel option ?

The BMW 3 series comes with 17" wheels as standard and i'm guessing that the Model 3 will be 17" or 18" in the 35k version. I'm also on rather bad roads pretty often so i'd actually prefer smaller wheels for better comfort. At least for the winter tires. Would be great to know what it looked like.

Reactions: Tezlah and Jayc
Actually I think there is a fundamental flaw in the photo used in model3config.com
If you look closely at the rear end of the roof you can see a metal section across where the sunroof ends and that would be wrong because the rear glass should be a continuation of the sunroof.

I know that doesn't sound like much of an issue but I'd bet if you make it a continuous glass (as it should be), that will change the look drastically. As it is, the sunroof looks fantastic. However, turn it in into a continuous glass from frunk to trunk and I bet it will look like a glass bubble.

And yes, one more vote for roof options.

• Informative
Reactions: garsh
Great job. Any chance of lets say a 18" wheel option ?

The BMW 3 series comes with 17" wheels as standard and i'm guessing that the Model 3 will be 17" or 18" in the 35k version. I'm also on rather bad roads pretty often so i'd actually prefer smaller wheels for better comfort. At least for the winter tires. Would be great to know what it looked like.

+1 for this in the suggestion box

I'd love to see what the car looks like with a more standard/base rim size. Maybe a profile view of the car would be easier to use for photo editing.

Last edited:
Actually I think there is a fundamental flaw in the photo used in model3config.com
If you look closely at the rear end of the roof you can see a metal section across where the sunroof ends and that would be wrong because the rear glass should be a continuation of the sunroof.
Good eye.

It's not a flaw in the original photo. Choose silver to see the original photo. The reflection off of that part of the glass just happens to look silver. Bayol needs to take this into account when changing colors in photoshop/gimp/whatever.

Reactions: Jayc
Thanks Bayol.

Adding to the chorus of thanks.

I think I'd pay extra for British Racing Green, though I'd need to see how it looks on the car. *hint* *hint* ;)

GG_Green.jpg

Not that I would even dream of suggesting it, there is a unofficial Leaf color picker that lets one pick any color.

Thank you kindly.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what to do for the interior? I know its not final production interior and Elon mentioned there are some big surprises coming. Also all decent photos of the interior are at night and not super great for showing all the trim/seat options. Any suggestions are appreciated. thanks!

There is a daylight interior pic here: Tesla Updates: Model 3 spotted twice this week in San Francisco

Not the best quality though.