Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio - model3config.com (unofficial)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The color app is fun. Thanks to the person who developed it.
This is what I came up with.
If it were a Triumph, they'd call it "Flamenco."
Robin
Tesla in Orange.png

I really like Model3config. It was worth a couple of bucks to show the Model 3 with identicl colors and wheels to my P85D. It made my spouse, impatiently waiting, feel a trifle better. Thanks also for making it simple rather than speculating about tons of options about which we have no clues thus far.

Hey everyone, its been a while. I just wanted to let you all know that I've updated the model3config website with cg renders in place of the old photoshop work. I've still kept it pretty true to what Tesla offers in colors. Also, these changes are not on the iOS app. I can see it being a while until that happens. Enjoy.
Looks very cool. I want to see a Pearl White in person.

Hey everyone, its been a while. I just wanted to let you all know that I've updated the model3config website with cg renders in place of the old photoshop work. I've still kept it pretty true to what Tesla offers in colors. Also, these changes are not on the iOS app. I can see it being a while until that happens. Enjoy.
Thanks for taking the time to update this. It might just be me but I see a problem with the color options. The lower part of the door and part of the front bumper are black for every color except white (which looks to be correctly filled with a shaded white color). I tried it with Firefox and IE if that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to update this. It might just be me but I see a problem with the color options. The lower part of the door and part of the front bumper are black for every color except white (which looks to be correctly filled with a shaded white color). I tried it with Firefox and IE if that helps.

That's just the lighting conditions and metallic car paint that make the areas facing the ground dark. White doesn't get as dark in those areas because its not a metallic paint. This is mainly because of the body lines of the car. It won't always looks like that in real life, but there will certainly be situations/angles/lighting conditions that would make the car look like this.

Real world example:
http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2016/04/Tesla-Model-3-with-rocks.jpg

Sure, I could see that being the case with the silver, which is like a mirror, that you used as an example. But I'm not sure the blue or red would be that drastic. But, no worries. The main purpose of doing this is still being met. We get a visual representation of what the Model 3 will look like in the colors likely to be offered.