Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio - model3config.com (unofficial)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bayou made an iPhone app and I was playing with the color configurator in the app.

I always thought BMW's variety of colors and designs available on the Mini was brilliant.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone so I can't try it out. Perhaps some day the original website will include the same feature. But as it stands I think it is a great site already even without this color changer.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone so I can't try it out. Perhaps some day the original website will include the same feature. But as it stands I think it is a great site already even without this color changer.

I think someone else has made an online color configurator. I tried searching for it in this forum but could not find it. Maybe someone else has the link.

You can always go to local Apple store and play with the iPhones.

Can you Photoshop wizards add a black vs. silver optional window trim toggle to your color options? I think the perception of larger side window glass with the black trim might influence our decision making. Bayol and gang are providing a real service to all of us impatiently waiting...and it would also be fun to play with. Thanks.

Yea, I see the link do not work :(

Her it is (hope it works now):
Model ≡ ColorS

You can always go play at the Apple store and email it to yourself. Or just use a friend's iPhone and do that.
So I can go to the Apple store with a browser on my PC and run apps in that browser window? Thanks for the information, I will try that when I find the app-store link :)

... and no, I will not run "unknown" programs on my friends phones, I will rather let them stay my friends a bit longer ;) (And come to think about it - not sure I know any iPhone owners?)

I would love it if someone with an iPhone could show me a picture of the car there in this color:
It looks a bit "flat" in this color configurator.
Not from the app but here is a different view with this color:
m3_32-92-79.jpg

So I can go to the Apple store with a browser on my PC and run apps in that browser window? Thanks for the information, I will try that when I find the app-store link."

Leave the antique computer at home. Just go into Apple Store, ask one of the guys to demo the app and show you how easy it is to email the pic to yourself right out of the app. Of course, it may cost you as you will be so impressed with the 21st century tech, you buy an iPad to take home.

.. and no, I will not run "unknown" programs on my friends phones, I will rather let them stay my friends a bit longer

Well the author is right here with a Tesla rez number so hardly unknown and Apple vets all the programs on the Apple Store and knows who developed them. It's not like the uncivilized PC or Android world where evil lurks. You should come in from the cold....and you would not depend on the kindness of strangers.

Not from the app but here is a different view with this color:

Thank you very much! :)

It looks nice, but still a bit "flat". I think I must have missed a bit on the color I'm trying to find. I'm trying to find the exact same color as one of my current cars have. I just love that color :)
Here is a link to a picture of a car with the same color: http://consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/96101271990215.jpg

Leave the antique computer at home.
Well, I use it at home, it so antique that it isn't even a laptop ;) Laptops and cellphones does not have this big screens and good keyboards that I prefer to use. And I think it will be a bit uncomfortable to carry around with phone with a 24"-28" screen ;) And no, I have no interests for any Apple product, and I will not misuse the good will of the sales persons when I know that I will not buy anything from them. And by the way: I do have a "smart-phone", but - surprise - I use it as a phone, not as a computer ;)

Well the author is right here with a Tesla rez number so hardly unknown
Yes, I could trust him with my own equipment, but I will not ask any friends (that I want to keep as friends) to trust "someone I read posted something at a forum on the Internet".

It's not like the uncivilized PC or Android world where evil lurks.
I find my Linux PC world quite civilized thank you. :)

Reactions: pangolina
British racing green in metallic. That would be nice. A real red, green in metallic would be nice addition to the colors.
I do not think it is metallic. I thought so when I bought the car, and it looks like it at distance, but after inspecting it close up I do not think it is. From what I have figured out it is called "Polo Green Pearl" at Chrysler. But as you see, even in some of the examples picture there it looks a bit "flat", but it is not that in real life (if it is somehow clean/newly washed ;) ).
How close it is to "British racing green" I'm not sure. Googeling that shows me a lot of different green shades, of which some are real close but most looks a tiny bit darker.

I do not think it is metallic.

British racing green is not metallic but Tesla should offer it in a metallic. Same for the pure red.

How close it is to "British racing green" I'm not sure. Googeling that shows me a lot of different green shades, of which some are real close but most looks a tiny bit darker.

British racing green is a dark green. The metallic would dress it up nicely, conservative to match Tesla's current colors but some flash to it.