TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Destination Charger in Decatur Alabamaui

Discussion in 'North America' started by gnelson, Sep 28, 2015.

1. gnelson

gnelson Member

Jay Landings Marina (also an RV Park) in Decatur AL has great service for utilizing their 14-50 receptacles. I mentioned that Tesla would supply the HPWC and help with installation. The owners are quite interested. Who should they call at Tesla to work out the details? The owner also gave me a ride back to the Doubletree. They only charge for electricity.

On my way to Decatur I utilized the Supercharger at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, AL. Those people were so gracious.

I stopped for lunch in Montgomery and charged for an hr at Woods RV Park just off US Hwy 82 just east of I65. The lady was quite nice and charges $2.50/hr.

2. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I'm quite interested in this Alabamaui place, lol. Is it a secret island down south that I don't know about yet? :)

3. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

The Nissan dealer in Decatur is generous with their CHAdeMO, and has two J1772's as well. The trick with their CHAdeMO is that you have to pull the big lever on the disconnect box on the wall to turn it on. And they ask that you throw the disconnect lever when you are finished.