Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Chargers in Tesla App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
Older versions of the Tesla App listed the nearest Superchargers and Destination Chargers.

I can't find lists of either in the latest android version of the App - 4.1.1 - but the location map does show Superchargers within the radius of the map screen. No destination chargers show up, though. Is there a way to make these show up somewhere in the app, or is that a feature Tesla just took away?

Older versions of the Tesla App listed the nearest Superchargers and Destination Chargers.

I can't find lists of either in the latest android version of the App - 4.1.1 - but the location map does show Superchargers within the radius of the map screen. No destination chargers show up, though. Is there a way to make these show up somewhere in the app, or is that a feature Tesla just took away?
You can find the superchargers using the location option in the Tesla app. Then you have to find them arround your location.

I don’t see destination chargers anymore in the Tesla mobile app (version 2021.36.8). This is super annoying and frustrating. The mobile app could also use a feature to submit feedback. Yes I have to continue to use PlugShare ti find those destination chargers.

I don’t see destination chargers anymore in the Tesla mobile app (version 2021.36.8). This is super annoying and frustrating. The mobile app could also use a feature to submit feedback. Yes I have to continue to use PlugShare ti find those destination chargers.
Note that 2021.36.8 is the car’s firmware version. The app version is on the bottom of settings page, which you get to via your profile icon on the top right of the main page. The current app version is 4.3.0.

Not only doesn't the App show them, Plugshare and ChargeWay don't show all the Destination Chargers either. I can't even find the 18 new Barstow Free Destination Chargers ON TESLA'S SITE!

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.11.39 PM.png

Very often the one's at Superchargers are not listed with the Supercharger and it is up to patrons to find them and create a whole other entry in Plugshare. Which will complain that there ALREADY is a charger here referring to the Supercharger entry. FRUSTRATING.

I have even had someone REMOVE my entries for Destination Chargers I had jumped thru hoops to get added to Plugshare here in Emeryville and Richmond, CA back in the day.

One of my biggest complaints about the navigation system is it only shows Tesla Super chargers. So, I want to drive from Reno, Nevada to Ely, Nevada. You cannot do it on a single charge. This is a straight route: East on US 50 all the way. When I enter Reno to Ely into the nav screen, it wants to route me via US 95A way south to Hawthorne, NV, where there is a Super Charger across from McDonald's, then further south to Tonopah for another SC. Then across Nevada on roads way less traveled than US 50, "The loneliest road in America". Using Biden's money, the State of Nevada has installed chargers all along US 50, but they do not show up on the Tesla app. Instead, Tesla routes you through a two hour addition to a normally 5 hour trip. For me, one of the biggest selling points, the nav app, is nearly worthless.

Well, they are not Tesla plug and play chargers. If you have a CCS adapter you are making your life more complicated so they expect you to know how to figure out finding CCS chargers. They do show third party Tesla compatible chargers. Probably gonna start showing CCS chargers as an option once they all have compatible live station info.