Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detroit: Summer or All-season Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

S85 RWD owner in Detroit. Been happy with my winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero), but the factory-installed Michelin Primacy tires are worn.

For next spring, would you recommend I purchase all-season tires or summer tires? Mostly city & local highway driving; priorities are safety, comfort, noise, range. This is my daily driver (and I love it!)

Thanks!

megawhizz, If you priorities don't include traction and maneuverability, and you want low noise, and... you are not willing to throw tire wear into the wind, I wouldn't purchase summer tires. Go with all season. Also, check with your local tire shop regarding the characteristics you desire. They can get you into a set of tires that fit your needs.

Hello everyone,

S85 RWD owner in Detroit. Been happy with my winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero), but the factory-installed Michelin Primacy tires are worn.

For next spring, would you recommend I purchase all-season tires or summer tires? Mostly city & local highway driving; priorities are safety, comfort, noise, range. This is my daily driver (and I love it!)

Thanks!
I'm happy with all season tires on my MX100D. I'm gonna get a set of winter tires soon and I wonder if you have any recommendations to where to store them in Detroit area.