TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Detroit: Summer or All-season Tires?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by megawhizz, Sep 1, 2017.

1. megawhizz

megawhizz Member

Hello everyone,

S85 RWD owner in Detroit. Been happy with my winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero), but the factory-installed Michelin Primacy tires are worn.

For next spring, would you recommend I purchase all-season tires or summer tires? Mostly city & local highway driving; priorities are safety, comfort, noise, range. This is my daily driver (and I love it!)

Thanks!

2. MSDadMich

MSDadMich Member

megawhizz, If you priorities don't include traction and maneuverability, and you want low noise, and... you are not willing to throw tire wear into the wind, I wouldn't purchase summer tires. Go with all season. Also, check with your local tire shop regarding the characteristics you desire. They can get you into a set of tires that fit your needs.

3. Sambas

Sambas Member

I'm happy with all season tires on my MX100D. I'm gonna get a set of winter tires soon and I wonder if you have any recommendations to where to store them in Detroit area.