Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree and I can come up with only one thing that would make it right....so I am reaching out in case anyone knows him or he is so bored that he actually reads this post:..this is ALL it would take:

An autographed picture of Elon that I could put on my wall would make everything right. ....Kind of like that completely mental picture of Pat Sajak that Ed Grimley had on his wall on SNL back in the mid 80's...I must say
I'd settle for thank you and a heartfelt apology on the 14th. Others, more.

Where have I been?

I thought Model S and X owners were unhappy most lately the value of their cars have gone down overnight and V3 Supercharging that may not be the cats whiskers for these two models. The original roadster people paid real fortunes for their cars and I have never heard a peep out of them.

Reading these posts, Tesla has made a whole other group ready for war it sounds like.

Original Roadster, Model S and Model X as well as investors been keeping this whole idea going and now its TM3 owners, then Model Y owners and so on. Its how you build a company in the 21st Century. If not build, keep alive.

WE all have our stories of value changes(some overnight literally), tech changes, refunds we thought we deserved and we all made financial decisions at the time of purchase we thought were prudent. This story is moving fast.

Generally at a very high percentage we are all happy to be driving electric cars. There is unfortunately a cost for this. If it all was to leave in a breath, how would you feel?

What your experiencing is your investment in the future of electrified propulsion. Now own your decisions, we all have to this point no matter how painful those decisions may feel now or in the future.

I mean, I can buy a new Leaf with an admitted smaller 151 mile battery for $15k.

Who's arguing? I'm stating facts from my perspective and how I entered this picture.

Nobody said anything about Guinea Pigs either.

If your driving a Tesla, your hardly a Guinea Pig. You have made a conscious decision to buy a brand that has a charging network unsurpassed in the industry and some really great cars, albeit some huge mistakes being made along the way that might give one the feeling of being tested if you let it.

A big difference to the Leaf and other brands thus far and dare I say it'll be awhile before its repeated at this level. This is go big or ??

Where have I been?

I thought Model S and X owners were unhappy most lately the value of their cars have gone down overnight and V3 Supercharging that may not be the cats whiskers for these two models. The original roadster people paid real fortunes for their cars and I have never heard a peep out of them.

Reading these posts, Tesla has made a whole other group ready for war it sounds like.

Original Roadster, Model S and Model X as well as investors been keeping this whole idea going and now its TM3 owners, then Model Y owners and so on. Its how you build a company in the 21st Century. If not build, keep alive.

WE all have our stories of value changes(some overnight literally), tech changes, refunds we thought we deserved and we all made financial decisions at the time of purchase we thought were prudent. This story is moving fast.

Generally at a very high percentage we are all happy to be driving electric cars. There is unfortunately a cost for this. If it all was to leave in a breath, how would you feel?

What your experiencing is your investment in the future of electrified propulsion. Now own your decisions, we all have to this point no matter how painful those decisions may feel now or in the future.

Did you pay a price for an undelivered product before?

You don't reduce the price on an undelivered product and then not expect backlash from those who paid more for that same undelivered product....

If you pre-paid for your car at 60k and before they delivered it to anyone, say they reduced the pre-paid price to another group of people.
Would you demand a refund of the difference or would you cancel your order and then just repurchase it at the new price..

What would you do?

In this case, you can't cancel the pre-order of the FSD....

That is why people are upset.....

Did you pay a price for an undelivered product before?

You don't reduce the price on an undelivered product and then not expect backlash from those who paid more for that same undelivered product....

If you pre-paid for your car at 60k and before they delivered it to anyone, say they reduced the pre-paid price to another group of people.
Would you demand a refund of the difference or would you cancel your order and then just repurchase it at the new price..

What would you do?

That is why people are upset.....

Agreed.i want my FSD refunded. I don't trust Tesla anymore

Nope, cancel the whole car or refuse delivery and argue about the deposit if you have not taken delivery, Tesla would not be in a good position to be known as the company that lives off deposits from cancelled cars, especially if its over a pricing issue. Don't sign a thing until they reduce the price of the car to the level that all parties agree in writing based on facts of issues relating to whatever is material.

If you have taken delivery and you thought FSD was going to be great in the future and you ordered it knowing full well it was not going to be activated fully for some time by the warnings here on this site, and/or by Tesla and/or your own mind then shame on you if you think you were taken advantage. Contractually you bought into the idea at a set price then. Now your changing your mind?

Manufacturers have the full right to reduce, increase and sell products at any level they deem necessary from one moment to the next by market demand and lack thereof thats reasonable.

All I can tell you is this tech is fast moving, evolving daily and there will come a day even for a Model 3 owners today, that you will want to trade or sell your car and the current tech will be on the street and your car will not be worth what you think it is worth. Prepare yourself, thats life. Nobody ever said it was exactly fair in your mind.

Agreed.i want my FSD refunded. I don't trust Tesla anymore

Nobody really cares about how mad you are. I bought a pair of high end Sony headphones for $250, a week later, they went on sale for $130. This happens. It’s life. Sell your Tesla. Divest yourself of all Tesla stock. There is no guarantee that you’ll buy something and the price will stay the same...

Grow up.

Nobody really cares about how mad you are. I bought a pair of high end Sony headphones for $250, a week later, they went on sale for $130. This happens. It’s life. Sell your Tesla. Divest yourself of all Tesla stock. There is no guarantee that you’ll buy something and the price will stay the same...

Grow up.
I dunno I get where your opinion comes from but when your buying FSD, your buying a "promise". That "promise" was broken without compensation. I would be mad too. Your example with headphones is just a price drop on something you actually purchased, FSD does not actually exist.

Reactions: BlueX

Grow up.
you can go back to the store within 30 days to get the difference back. or credit card price protection. don't be a douche.

I dunno I get where your opinion comes from but when your buying FSD, your buying a "promise". That "promise" was broken without compensation. I would be mad too. Your example with headphones is just a price drop on something you actually purchased, FSD does not actually exist.

Not saying I wouldn’t be mad. I’m saying that a 12 page thread on a forum designed for Tesla fanboys is just a bit much. We get it. You’re pissed. So take action, make a change. Send a letter from your lawyer.

Nobody said the company was perfect. They just make the best cars on the road, period. They’ve lead the industry autonomous driving. They are trying to help save the planet. Nothing is all evil or all good.

• Funny
Reactions: more863-also
you can go back to the store within 30 days to get the difference back. or credit card price protection. don't be a douche.

And at 31 days you’re screwed, right? Come on. Of all the *sugar* that goes on that literally is stealing people’s money, this is where you are going to get principled? I just read that some lady was charged $48k for a rabies shot. If you want to rail about the injustices of the world, start there.

There is literally 10 ways to solve this issue and none, none of them are related to this forum.

Not saying I wouldn’t be mad. I’m saying that a 12 page thread on a forum designed for Tesla fanboys is just a bit much. We get it. You’re pissed. So take action, make a change. Send a letter from your lawyer.

Nobody said the company was perfect. They just make the best cars on the road, period. They’ve lead the industry autonomous driving. They are trying to help save the planet. Nothing is all evil or all good.

"Fanboys"??.. this forum is only for fanboys? @DSG China take a pill. Lordy.

Agree...early adoption just means you are willing to tolerate some defects until they are fixed...to help Tesla. And you cant early adopt FSD. If I compared my car with FSD with another one that did not have it, there is no difference. It was just a loan to Tesla. I am happy about the computer upgrade, but did not know this when I paid the 3K. Besides, who is to say this even exist...I mean where the heck is the spoiler I paid for 9 months ago? If they cant deliver a low tech chunk of aluminum that I have already paid for, why should I expect them to deliver a complex computer this decade?

Can I ask who told you about the computer upgrade? I just got off the phone with a Tesla customer service rep and he told me that they did not have any information about backfitting MCU's to older Teslas. This had me a little pissed today.

Reactions: Runnergirl