Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love to hear back. I have my appointment with them this Wednesday. I'm doing PhotoSync but not bothering with the windshield.

I did PhotoSync as well, I did the windshield and the Pano Roof. I just went by to pick it up and they said they needed 30-45 more minutes, my work is close so I ran back to the office for a bit. I will post some pictures when I get it and report back!

I did PhotoSync as well, I did the windshield and the Pano Roof. I just went by to pick it up and they said they needed 30-45 more minutes, my work is close so I ran back to the office for a bit. I will post some pictures when I get it and report back!

Great! Let me know what you think of the windshield. Admittedly, I'm on the fence. I figured I could always get it later if I change my mind. However, let me know if you see any downsides. Especially at night.

I picked it up, so far so good. It is really overcast today and there are quite a few water bubbles that need to dissipate for me to get a good judge of the clarity. I will try to report back with more info later. If you are in the Dallas area feel free to reach out to come take a look. I live in North Dallas but work in Addison.

Attachments

• IMG_4369.JPG
    IMG_4369.JPG
    510.5 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_4370.JPG
    IMG_4370.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 359
I picked it up, so far so good. It is really overcast today and there are quite a few water bubbles that need to dissipate for me to get a good judge of the clarity. I will try to report back with more info later. If you are in the Dallas area feel free to reach out to come take a look. I live in North Dallas but work in Addison.

Looks fantastic!!

Just got mine today and need tiny bad! I feel like I am in a fish bowl.

I want it super dark. As dark as needed for inspection to pass. Will look great on the solid black

What details of % on each window did you get and price?

I emailed today but I am assuming i have to call to get it done. I have a black S and want the chrome delete and windows that look as dark as yours.

Yours is beautiful!

Keep in mind, photosync only goes down to 35%. Which is lighter than I prefer, but I wanted the best heat rejection possible. If you want right on the borderline of legal you will have to go with another brand, unless Trey knows something I don't.

Keep in mind, photosync only goes down to 35%. Which is lighter than I prefer, but I wanted the best heat rejection possible. If you want right on the borderline of legal you will have to go with another brand, unless Trey knows something I don't.

Yea after I researched a lot of tint threads here I saw that which is way lighter than I like. I am in the camp of tint being a design addition as well as a functional one and if it is too light on my black S I will not be satisfied.

I may have to research the next option down that is darker.

i just got mine completed locally at my buddys shop. its full winco ir rejection setup everyone of my cars has this offering from them. So far i cant really complain as it turned out just like i wanted it.View attachment 192428 View attachment 192429

Beautiful ride! What % is that tint?

I am still torn between the darkest Photosync, 35% and then the next tier of tint down which I can get as dark as I want but without the heat rejection.

I worry about Photosync looking too light on a black car.

I had my tint done at Speedshield last September. Went with PhotoSync 35% on windows and rear hatch with 75% on the windshield. (Did not do the Pano.) Install was perfect - no edges or bubbles. Today my MS was in for the 1 year service and had a loaner without tinted windows. What a difference! Even on this relative cool September day of 92 degrees the un tinted car was definitely warmer. You could feel the heat through the window, AC worked a little harder, and car heated up faster once stopped. This summer I noticed that the inside temp very seldom got over 120 degrees when parked out side on 100+ degree summer days. IR blocking films are more expensive, but worth the money.

Folks I got my Model S done recently and I highly recommend going with Huper Optik Ceramic tint.

Huper Optik Ceramic tint (C30 on windows and C70 on windshield and pano) on Tesla Model S P85+ by Scott Solar Control Window Tinting located in Dallas / Fort Worth Area 817-505-3400 - owner is John Scott (he is the tinter as well)

DFW tesla owners, you really need to consider HO Ceramic tint as its pretty close to photosync in heat rejection and less than Half the price. Pricing is detailed below.

The Scott Solar Control Window tinting located in Pantego, TX (basically shop is in Arlington, TX)

John (the owners and tinter) is not just passionate about his job but he knows exactly what he is doing and is a cut above others. He competed recently in a world tinting competition (professional tinters worldwide compete) and was ranked in the top 20. One of the pics below show his badge from a competition..

John Scott is an authorized Huper Optik dealer and so it's the real deal. I even called Huper Optik corporate to get many of my questions answered and to check authenticity etc.

Here's the recap and photos of my p85+ with HO done by Scott Solar Control Window tinting
  • HO is the ONLY true Ceramic tint
  • HO C30 is the closest to PhotoSync tint but with nearly half the cost.
  • They offer true lifetime warranty on both labor and material (directly emailed from Huper Optik)
  • This tint has to be done by a real tint professional and there will NOT be any ghosting or any other issues when done right.
  • The C70 is more expensive that Klar85 or even c60. On my windshield the C70 does make a big difference and it's very clear film. So I recommend staying with C70.
  • The HO tint is very resilient material and won't scratch easy like other tints (including photosync)
TMC_pic1.JPG

TMC_pic2.JPG

TMC_pic3.JPG

TMC_pic4.JPG

TMC_pic5.JPG

I'm extremely happy with the product and my kids sitting in the rear facing seats have NOT complained about heat or bright sunlight SINCE installing the HO C30 tint. So I recommend this tint and the installer to my Tesla owners wanting to get a tint done.

CHECK OUT HIS OTHER TONS OF CARS DONE ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE
Scott Solar Control | Facebook

Pricing.
The package deal is 750 for everything including the pano roof & windshield.
Package deal will be saving $150 when bundled together.

if done Separately, it is
450 windows
250 for the windshield
200 for the roof

750 dollars for your entire Tesla is a great deal for an awesome looking, high heat rejection film, done by an awesome professional installer.

Thanks
Facha / Finny

For anyone that has questions on how dark you can have your tint here in Texas:

TxDPS - VI Window Tint Program

Window Tint Standards can be found in the Texas Administrative Code, Title 37, Part 1, Rule 21.3.

Note: Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver that have less than 25% light transmission will fail inspection, regardless of the year model of the vehicle.

A medical exemption is required, only if the citizen needs tint on the two front windows darker than the 25% requirement.

I have to admit, I'm a little leery of a 1st time post as nothing but an advertisement.

I'll still keep going to Trey at SpeedShield.

I totally concur with you about being leery about new post which I posted. But I'm posted this as I personally have been to many of the names mentioned and some of the Hyper tinters don't do the same quality work or use the 2ply which is
I have to admit, I'm a little leery of a 1st time post as nothing but an advertisement.

I'll still keep going to Trey at SpeedShield.

I can see how it can be easily viewed as an advertisement. But I wanted to showcase a passionate tint owner & pro tinter that did my model S so he his word gets out just like speedshield. For half the price for the total package, I physically felt no difference between the HO tint vs the photosync. My kids love sitting in the rear face seats even when it's 100 degrees and that was not the case prior to the install of the tint.