Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I was looking specifically to "tint" the front windshield since the heat transmission is quite a bit from the large windshield. All my other stuff (beyond pano - its already dark) is tinted (local shop - cheap and really good). What brands have yall gotten (photosync? huper optik? llumar?). Was there any distortion on your windshield? Was it a noticeably cooler? Trying to look at my options.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I was looking specifically to "tint" the front windshield since the heat transmission is quite a bit from the large windshield. All my other stuff (beyond pano - its already dark) is tinted (local shop - cheap and really good). What brands have yall gotten (photosync? huper optik? llumar?). Was there any distortion on your windshield? Was it a noticeably cooler? Trying to look at my options.

Are you wanting to add MORE coating to the windshield? It already has a fairly effective metallic coating, specifically for IR rejection.

well I have heard conflicting reports. Many people have said that the front windshield already has a good coating built in to get good IR and heat rejection and adding any clear tint to the front windshield doesn't do anything. Then at the same time I hear people adding these clear tints to the windshield and get a noticeable heat reduction so I am unsure which is true and was curious if anyone had done it.

well I have heard conflicting reports. Many people have said that the front windshield already has a good coating built in to get good IR and heat rejection and adding any clear tint to the front windshield doesn't do anything. Then at the same time I hear people adding these clear tints to the windshield and get a noticeable heat reduction so I am unsure which is true and was curious if anyone had done it.

I've heard it depends on the manufacture date. But I have nothing to back that up. Anyone?

I can vouch for a big difference With tint and Without Tint on front windshield. It's certainly cooler after having the tint. No regrets. I have posted detailed pics and information on this thread sometime in Jan.

My MX arrives end of August and looking for Photosync. Speedshiled still the place to go in Dallas?
After the demo, I felt Photosync added insufficient value and removed it from consideration. I ultimately went with Glacier Window Tinting in Arlington. They have done several 3s and stock the large sheets of film necessary. However, this isn't rocket science and our members have recommended a variety of places who did a good job for them.

What was the cost and what did you get done at Glacier? Is the roof tinted enough to block the sun?
We had an S, X & 3 done there, all glass, as dark as legal. it doesn't block the sun, but it blocks the heat from the sun. Pricing ranged from $500ish to $600ish. 3 was most expensive due to the large glass.

Wherever you go, make sure they're ready to do the roof in one sheet.

I test drove a P3D yesterday and barely noticed that the sun was shining down on me. Huge difference compared to my Scion TC which I usually use the cover screen when driving around. My only concern would be the heat during the summer, but would probably wait to see if it is needed. My plan is for a black RWD 3 with tint all around.

I test drove a P3D yesterday and barely noticed that the sun was shining down on me. Huge difference compared to my Scion TC which I usually use the cover screen when driving around. My only concern would be the heat during the summer, but would probably wait to see if it is needed. My plan is for a black RWD 3 with tint all around.

We just finished our first summer with our Model 3. We were waiting to see if tinging the roof was necessary (the sides and windshield are already tinted). I don't think we'll tint the roof. It seems to block enough of the Texas sun on its own.

Has anyone used DD tint out of Arlington? It looks like only 2 places are listed for Xpel wraps in the Fort Worth area.

It shows the pricing online, but it cuts off the last part of it. I think it looks around $1k for front bumper, hood, mirrors and front fenders.

Clear Bra Paint Protection in Arlington, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Euless, Irving

I am looking at Xpel on front and tint. May hold off on tint until next year though, not in a huge rush until the summer.