Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just get an INCREDIBLE deal? LR RWD with FSD = $43,840

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a $5,660 price adjustment on mine! Looks like auto pilot was “included” and FSD added for just $5K. Total cost with full self driving = $43,840...

Photo order sheet attached. Posted in another forum but wanted to share here.

I had been in talks with a sales advisor for a few months now in hopes of landing a deal on an inventory model. RARELY do long range RWD get any price adjustments, and if they do, they get sold fast.

He called me with this car that just popped up in Austin, TX. LR RWD with FSD - Total being $43,840!

It was built in December 2018 and has 400 miles on it from a few test drives so they reduced it $5,660 obviously to clear out inventory of the LR RWD models.

Overall, I feel like this is an amazing deal! I was a day 1 reservation holder and can’t believe how this played out.

Still qualifies for the now $3,750 tax credit.
Even used a referral code on it too ha

Attachments

• 722EA5D8-0385-4BE8-BDEB-72DDD6505CDE.jpeg
    722EA5D8-0385-4BE8-BDEB-72DDD6505CDE.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 376
Yeah, given the price reduction I've been asking a lot of questions and thinking through worst case scenarios. Obviously taking everything with a grain of salt but all my OA has said is that it was used as a temporary test drive unit.

Apologies for posting on multiple forums. That's super annoying I know. I'm just incredibly excited. Also, I was always just a longtime lurker of the main forum and never thought I'd be in the "Ordering, Production, Delivery" section!

For what it's worth, the only reason I even knew to call in about inventory units & price adjusted units is because of people mentioning it on forums.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
For those of you who know of people who have been offered discounts like this--how and does it happen and when in the dealmaking process does it happen? Any other relevant details?
Thanks

Supposedly, the best deals (or increased likelihood) are near end of Quarters. So March, June, Sep, Dec.
There's no harm in contacting a Tesla sales advisor to check inventory units for you. Some are better than others in terms of actually checking for them consistently and getting back to you if one actually pops up. My guy was AWESOME for what it's worth (he called me as soon as this one popped up)

• Helpful
Reactions: gallk and Akikiki
For what it's worth I tried the same tactic yesterday with a local agent asking for any inventory models on discount and I was told there was no discounts for any LR RWDs... If I had been more persistent about this instead of trying to get the 35k SR, I'd try again with another agent.

Whether it’s a good deal or not depends on what you in fact are willing to accept for that discount. Plenty of people have posted that the car received for a discount were demo models or returned. Some have said that the cars were trashed for a significant discount.

If I were looking for a great deal, I would be willing to have them do the delivery process so that you can see the car and make a decision whether or not the discount is enough to offset whatever makes the car less than new.

Reactions: mswlogo
Yeah I have a “regular” delivery process. Scheduled for next week already. I’ll be doing a thorough walkthrough using the delivery checklist floating around here...

I just got my VIN actually. Not sure how to interpret it, but people say look at the last six digits? 041XXX
Anyone know what that means? Obviously 2018 build but am I supposed to glean any other facts from that?

Speaking of.... after I posted this, someone on this forum sent me a PM (I won’t disclose who) requesting my sales advisor contact info in hopes of finding a deal on inventory units.

Well I’m happy to say today he bought one!

If anyone is interested in my sales advisor’s contact info, feel free to PM me.

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333