Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just get an INCREDIBLE deal? LR RWD with FSD = $43,840

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of.... after I posted this, someone on this forum sent me a PM (I won’t disclose who) requesting my sales advisor contact info in hopes of finding a deal on inventory units.

Well I’m happy to say today he bought one!

If anyone is interested in my sales advisor’s contact info, feel free to PM me.

Is he limited to selling to customers exclusively in the Texas region?

For what it's worth I tried the same tactic yesterday with a local agent asking for any inventory models on discount and I was told there was no discounts for any LR RWDs... If I had been more persistent about this instead of trying to get the 35k SR, I'd try again with another agent.
Don’t give up. 2 weeks ago I called my local rep and he said there was nothing ANYWHERE when it came to performance models. I called So. Florida and the first person I spoke with found me a demo P3D with $9k+ off. Yes it had miles on it but it’s an EV. There is no break in. And the only issue I found on it will be taken care of by the warranty Dept. I posted about it on another thread. All said and done, after I made my deal, they made AP free and lowered paint $ so I got almost $13k off the original price.

That’s awesome! What was your final price and config on it?
upload_2019-4-21_3-7-39.jpeg

Got a $5,660 price adjustment on mine! Looks like auto pilot was “included” and FSD added for just $5K. Total cost with full self driving = $43,840...

Photo order sheet attached. Posted in another forum but wanted to share here.

I had been in talks with a sales advisor for a few months now in hopes of landing a deal on an inventory model. RARELY do long range RWD get any price adjustments, and if they do, they get sold fast.

He called me with this car that just popped up in Austin, TX. LR RWD with FSD - Total being $43,840!

It was built in December 2018 and has 400 miles on it from a few test drives so they reduced it $5,660 obviously to clear out inventory of the LR RWD models.

Overall, I feel like this is an amazing deal! I was a day 1 reservation holder and can’t believe how this played out.

Still qualifies for the now $3,750 tax credit.
Even used a referral code on it too ha
How miles was on it?

When did you find this price adjustment performance? I literally called last week and they told me they didn't have ANY demo Performance models across US
Found it 2 weeks ago. Also , when I took delivery last Thursday, I had them look since it wasn’t my first choice color and there were other cars out there. Most only had 600-700 off though. From Texas to Cali.

Yeah, my advisor told me all the great "deals" are gone now. Probably just a push to get them sold before end of Q1 honestly. Maybe worth trying toward end of Q2?

That said, I've referred a few people over to him and several had ended up purchasing. He's an incredible sales advisor, extremely knowledgeable and very responsive. That's all I really wanted during my buying experience... the price adjustment was just a bonus ;)

Happy to refer anyone over to him if you're seriously looking to buy... just don't want to bombard his inbox otherwise ha

Oh yea that's what the sales rep told me as well, only 600-700$ off, at that point mind as well buy it brand new
I’m considering myself pretty damn lucky because it was after Q1, random call to So. Florida because the guys up here weren’t helping at all, and after I placed the deposit, they made AP free. With AP free now and them not raising the price of the P3D, I’d be really surprised to see 9 or 10k off again. But who knows!

At this point, I feel like my sales advisor owes me some kind of commission outside of the 1000 miles free supercharging. 5 people on this forum have purchased through him now! (they're not all getting price adjustments... I think he's just really good and really responsive)

At this point, I feel like my sales advisor owes me some kind of commission outside of the 1000 miles free supercharging. 5 people on this forum have purchased through him now! (they're not all getting price adjustments... I think he's just really good and really responsive)
If you buy through him does it have to be where he is located? Do you have to pick the car up from him? I’m located in Atlanta and I don’t like any of the sales advisors here.

If you buy through him does it have to be where he is located? Do you have to pick the car up from him? I’m located in Atlanta and I don’t like any of the sales advisors here.

Nope. He's in Portland. I'm in Texas. He helped me find the car for me & my specs and then walked me through the entire purchase experience as well (all online basically on Tesla account). Then once the car arrived in Texas, I went to the service center and met with the delivery advisor there to pick it up. Seamless.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like his info.

OP,

Looking back at your original post, it looks like the real discount you got was not $5,660, but it was really $8,660.

The LR RWD does not include Autopilot. The system initially generated some quotes saying it did, and others fought hard to get Tesla to honor the deal but they were told they would not. So everyone else had to pay $3K to get AP on a LR RWD model. Your quote shows it as being included, so they only charged you $5,000 for FSD when it should have been $3K (AP) + $5K (FSD). That turned out to be an even better deal than you may have realized.