Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I overpay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a CPO 2015 P85D. It has 9,600 miles. I was able to see the car at the Paramus NJ location (they've been using it as a test drive vehicle for two weeks). The rims are a bit chewed up but I can cover it up with Rimblades I guess :p Other than that, seems like it's in good shaped but might need new tires soon (depth is at 6/32).

I paid 73,200 (no sales tax in NJ). How did I do? I am picking it up tomorrow so I'll update you all on how it goes :)

IMG-0119.JPG
IMG-0129.JPG

It is definitely a decent price but you need to add to that cost about $3K to replace the tires and fix the rims, assuming there is no other damage to the car. Those tires should still be good for a decent while.

The unsold P85Ds are now dropping in price every week so if you wanted to time it, you could have paid mid to late 60s but if this is the car you want and the options you prefer, and most importantly is in good condition it is definitely a decent price.

For comparison, here's one with more miles but for $67K:

Inventory Search | Tesla

Just make sure there is no excess damage inside or outside that you have not missed.

My biggest advice to you after you pay is enjoy the car and stop thinking about or tracking prices :p

. Definitely has the Performance Plus suspension.

How can you be so sure? That VIN has the PX00 option code "No Performance Plus Package" but we know that's not a reliable indicator.

The only sure way to tell if it has the Performance Plus suspension is to look at the shock part numbers.

There were many P85Ds made during that time period without the + suspension. Although it's more likely than not, it's not a given.

How can you be so sure? That VIN has the PX00 option code "No Performance Plus Package" but we know that's not a reliable indicator.

The only sure way to tell if it has the Performance Plus suspension is to look at the shock part numbers.

There were many P85Ds made during that time period without the + suspension. Although it's more likely than not, it's not a given.

Really? I thought all P85Ds before April 2015 had the P+ suspension so a February 2015 is nowhere near the cutoff. If it doesn't, wouldn't it be deceptive advertising as Tesla was still advertising the sport suspension on the configurator?

Really? I thought all P85Ds before April 2015 had the P+ suspension so a February 2015 is nowhere near the cutoff. If it doesn't, wouldn't it be deceptive advertising as Tesla was still advertising the sport suspension on the configurator?

Check out this thread: Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

The date range for the possibility of the + suspension being included in P85Ds is December, 2014 through April, 2015, inclusive.

There are known examples of P85Ds in that time period that did not get the + suspension. Some had the PX01 code ("Performance Plus Suspension"), some had PX00 ("No + suspension"), and some had neither option code. Now chances are pretty good that most cars built between December and April do have it, but it's not 100%.

Also, most P85Ds sold during that time had 21" staggered rims/tires, but some had 21" square rims, and some others even had 19" rims WITH the P+ suspension. It really was a hodge-podge of parts and configurations until May, 2015 when Tesla dropped the P+ suspension for good.

Tesla didn't advertise the Performance Plus suspension on the P85D configurator like they did for the P85+, it was just a "specially designed suspension" for a short period of time (thanks to @whitex for this image). But that's also during the time they were advertising the P85D with 691 HP which was later proven to be false and withdrawn. So just because Tesla advertises something, doesn't mean it's true.

p85-jpg.300594

Check out this thread: Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Also, most P85Ds sold during that time had 21" staggered rims/tires, but some had 21" square rims, and some others even had 19" rims WITH the P+ suspension. It really was a hodge-podge of parts and configurations until May, 2015 when Tesla dropped the P+ suspension for good.

Tesla didn't advertise the Performance Plus suspension on the P85D configurator like they did for the P85+, it was just a "specially designed suspension" for a short period of time (thanks to @whitex for this image).
That’s my car (as delivered/stickered anyway) - P85D+ with 19s.