Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did i turn off something i should not on climate - something

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am very new to my MY, but someone came up to me yesterday to say my car was humming like a power station while parked. So i opened it and turned of the climate control. I do not remember what it then said then, but its said something " " then climate, so i disabled this one thing, but can i remember what it said before climate, could it be important ? I know very very vague, i panicked, think i am still caught up in all the excitement,

Sounds like you powered off the climate. You can just turn it back on by log press on the temp indicator or in the climate control. You could take a picture of the climate control screen and we might be able to tell you what's going on.

Nothing you can turn off in climate can hurt anything.

As for the noise, sometimes the car needs to cool the battery for a bit after you park, so the pumps will run for a while.

Or you can also set the climate to stay on while parked ("keep" in the controls), so the pumps will run then too.

Take some time to play with all the climate settings, and maybe read that part of the manual, or ask questions here. Certain settings will give you an information pop up about what you just set, as a reminder. If you put it in Keep climate mode, you might get a warning about battery drain, just as a reminder.

Everything is fine, you didn't mess anything up.

Sounds like you powered off the climate. You can just turn it back on by log press on the temp indicator or in the climate control. You could take a picture of the climate control screen and we might be able to tell you what's going on.

Nothing you can turn off in climate can hurt anything.

As for the noise, sometimes the car needs to cool the battery for a bit after you park, so the pumps will run for a while.

Or you can also set the climate to stay on while parked ("keep" in the controls), so the pumps will run then too.

Take some time to play with all the climate settings, and maybe read that part of the manual, or ask questions here. Certain settings will give you an information pop up about what you just set, as a reminder. If you put it in Keep climate mode, you might get a warning about battery drain, just as a reminder.

Everything is fine, you didn't mess anything up.
Thank you, I was worried I had turned off something else, the weekend was the first chance i got to drive it, very impressed so far, thanks again, really appreciated.

And there’s this thing: stinky air filters, that occurs after the A/C is on for a bit and leaves water behind. It’s suspected that a software change to fix the issue was introduced some time back. It runs the fans until the water is evaporated before shutting down completely.

Reactions: ElsDee
Hello, I am very new to my MY, but someone came up to me yesterday to say my car was humming like a power station while parked. So i opened it and turned of the climate control. I do not remember what it then said then, but its said something " " then climate, so i disabled this one thing, but can i remember what it said before climate, could it be important ? I know very very vague, i panicked, think i am still caught up in all the excitement,
Cabin overheat protection?
Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla