Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did my car avoid debris in AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check the video(s) for yourselves. I believe my car avoided debris by itself. I was a bit drowsy and didn't react as quickly as I should have as I realized their was something in the road...turns out the car moved slightly to the right, avoided the debris, and then moved back! Was it coincidence? Did it move for some other reason? I'm VERY happy it did this and am curious if anyone else has had this happen?

The debris is visible at around :38 second mark, right after the white van moves to the right.

I can’t tell from the video. But a drowsy driver relying on autopilot sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I have to be far more alert when using autopilot than when I’m driving the car myself because I have to be ready to correct any stupid things that autopilot does very rapidly. So when I hear about a drowsy drive relying on autopilot I get very nervous.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I can’t tell from the video. But a drowsy driver relying on autopilot sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I have to be far more alert when using autopilot than when I’m driving the car myself because I have to be ready to correct any stupid things that autopilot does very rapidly. So when I hear about a drowsy drive relying on autopilot I get very nervous.
Not me. I maintain a false sense of security and a *sugar* ton of life insurance. ;)