Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla changed off peak hour? [for supercharging]? been charged 0.58 at 9:30 pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to charge at 9:30 pm today. The bill showed 37 KWH and $21, about 58 cents per KWH.
Last time is 29 cents
Off peak hour changed recently?
Thanks

You can find your answer by going to your car's screen and clicking on the map with the supercharger icon, it will show you the rates and time.

They are not obligated to send us an e-mail whenever they change the rates and time. Imagine that it might cause panic.

We have to check it out on the map before charging.

You can find your answer by going to your car's screen and clicking on the map with the supercharger icon, it will show you the rates and time.

They are not obligated to send us an e-mail whenever they change the rates and time. Imagine that it might cause panic.

We have to check it out on the map before charging.
I'm brand new to Tesla having only picked up my M3 yesterday, but is the navigation map the only place where pricing is shown? Nothing extra when you get to the Tesla Supercharger Station? The reason that I'm asking is that the navigation map for the closest two stations to my home are showing a single price of $0.47 and $0.45 without any indication of peak vs off-peak pricing which just doesn't make sense as other stations in the area have peak pricing in the same range, but off-peak pricing at $0.29.

Reactions: JDEWD250
but is the navigation map the only place where pricing is shown?

Correct. Your vehicle is the only place that shows the current price.

Not all locations around the US get on on off-peak prices. Occasionally when it's very hot and local power demand is high, they may implement cheaper prices during selected time ranges to get you to charge before or after peak power demand times. I see this in the Dallas area a lot since their power grid is weak. I've never seen this in Oklahoma. Recent example, $0.32 in OK and a $0.21 price incentive rate in Grapevine, TX when it was 105° recently if you charged before noon and after 8pm.

Correct. Your vehicle is the only place that shows the current price.

Not all locations around the US get on on off-peak prices. Occasionally when it's very hot and local power demand is high, they may implement cheaper prices during selected time ranges to get you to charge before or after peak power demand times. I see this in the Dallas area a lot since their power grid is weak. I've never seen this in Oklahoma. Recent example, $0.32 in OK and a $0.21 price incentive rate in Grapevine, TX when it was 105° recently if you charged before noon and after 8pm.
I can understand single pricing in certain regions, but this is the San Francisco bay area with single prices shown in Gilroy and Morgan Hill versus Blossom Valley in San Jose 10 miles north with peak/off-peak pricing it just seems wrong for the market.

I can understand single pricing in certain regions, but this is the San Francisco bay area with single prices shown in Gilroy and Morgan Hill versus Blossom Valley in San Jose 10 miles north with peak/off-peak pricing it just seems wrong for the market.
Supercharger pricing can be different. Some are more expensive, some less. Some with Peak and off-peak, some without. Some with per kW, some with per minute... You just have to go to your car's screen display to figure it out.

That may not make sense, so you are welcome to call Tesla to give them some advice.

• Funny