Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you ever notice...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
How many Superchargers are located in cities with the same name, but in a different state or country?

Aberdeen WA, MD
Auburn AL, MA
Augusta GA, ME
Berlin VT, Germany
Birmingham AL, UK
Burlington WA, NC
Columbia MO, SC
Greenville SC, AL
Hawthorne NV, CA
Huntsville ON, TX
Jackson WY, TN
Kingston NY, ON
Las Vegas NM, NV
Lexington KY, VA
Lima OH, MT
Lincoln NE, NH (and Lincoln City, OR)
London KY, UK
Seaside OR, CA
Springfield OR, MO

Certainly not a coincidence...

Just that someone has a sense of humor and managed to work out spacing that got approved. I didn't include some others, like Lone Pine and Lone Tree.

Ah, I see.

Perhaps the same person that "randomly" made the guys in the next room over from me roommates my freshman year of college: one's first name was Clark, and the other's last name was Kent.

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX
I think it's simply the matter that many MANY towns in the United States are named after other, older cities. In Ohio alone we have Berlin, Dublin, Lima, Xenia, Athens, Toledo, Brooklyn, Kent, Lebanon, Macedonia, Medina, Oregon, Ontario, Salem, Troy, and more.

Reactions: CSFTN
How many Superchargers are located in cities with the same name, but in a different state or country?

Aberdeen WA, MD
Auburn AL, MA
Augusta GA, ME
Berlin VT, Germany
Birmingham AL, UK
Burlington WA, NC
Columbia MO, SC
Greenville SC, AL
Hawthorne NV, CA
Huntsville ON, TX
Jackson WY, TN
Kingston NY, ON
Las Vegas NM, NV
Lexington KY, VA
Lima OH, MT
London KY, UK
Seaside OR, CA
Springfield OR, MO

perhaps Musk is trying to send us a secret code, we just need the decoder ring to figure it out (ala christmas story) ;^)

Though Aberdeen, WA may become the first supercharger to be shut down. The mayor who negotiated the contract is in trouble for not disclosing he owns Tesla stock (a violation of state law) and the city council is going to vote to invalidate the contract and it might go through.

Aberdeen WA, MD
Auburn AL, MA
Augusta GA, ME
Berlin VT, Germany
Birmingham AL, UK
Burlington WA, NC
Columbia MO, SC
Greenville SC, AL
Hawthorne NV, CA
Huntsville ON, TX
Jackson WY, TN
Kingston NY, ON
Las Vegas NM, NV
Lexington KY, VA
Lima OH, MT
London KY, UK
Seaside OR, CA
Springfield OR, MO

I figured it out! Here's the secret message from Elon...

Attachments

• Secret Message From Elon.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Funny
Though Aberdeen, WA may become the first supercharger to be shut down. The mayor who negotiated the contract is in trouble for not disclosing he owns Tesla stock (a violation of state law) and the city council is going to vote to invalidate the contract and it might go through.

I don't know if he violated the law or not, but the intent for self-gain was not there. If I recall correctly, he owns $4000 in stock TOTAL, not necessarily in TSLA. Exactly how much of a windfall is he going to get from providing a single Supercharger location out of thousands -- if a single supercharger location one way or the other helped stock prices, we'd all be rich from it...

I suspect they will re-vote on the contract and it will be approved.

• Funny
Reactions: coqui33
That would be neat, but the Harbor area is very suspicious of anything with environmentalist overtones, so it's certainly not a done deal. This town has certainly been capable of reloading and shooting their other foot before.

Yes, I can see politicians trying to distance themselves from the controversy by voting against it. Even though they were the ONLY ones to vote FOR it. Facts have little to do with reality once the media gets involved.

I wonder how much we can predict future locations from the name of the city? For example, as I-80 gets Superchargers installed going across Wyoming, there are few towns. One will obviously be in Rock Springs, WY. However, there is a Hampton Inn in the small town of Green River, WY right next to Rock Springs. Since there is a Supercharger in Green River, UT, might it be here instead???;)

I wonder how much we can predict future locations from the name of the city? For example, as I-80 gets Superchargers installed going across Wyoming, there are few towns. One will obviously be in Rock Springs, WY. However, there is a Hampton Inn in the small town of Green River, WY right next to Rock Springs. Since there is a Supercharger in Green River, UT, might it be here instead???;)

How about you pay attention, and report back to us! :)

Some additions:

Alexandria, LA, NSW
Arlington, TX, WA
Baker City, OR, Baker, CA
Bristol, UK, TN
Burlington, NJ, NC, WA, South Burlington, VT
Cranberry, PA, Cranbury, NJ
Hamilton, New Zealand, Hamilton Marketplace, NJ
Jackson, WY, TN, Mt. Jackson, VA
Monroe, LA, WA
Neuberg, Germany, Newburgh, NY
Oxford, UK, AL