Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you name your Model S, and if so, what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silver P85D. For all the Star Wars fans out there.

p85d.png

Attachments

• p85d.png
    p85d.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Our Midnight Silver Metalic Model X was initially named Rarity. For non-EV folks, EVs are thought to be cute little toys, like that My Little Pony unicorn. In reality she's a beast, and rare around here.

That name is proving to be too complicated to explain and doesn't roll off the tongue, so we're thinking of renaming her Myst, like the old game. Moonstone and Darkstar are two other options.

Our new silver Nissan Leaf will get the name Luna. We considered Tinsel and Moonbeam for her, but we just want short names to answer the most common question as we are walking out the door: "Which car are we taking?"
Pity you're changing from Rarity, but there are other options. I would suggest that it being a Model X and therefore having wings that you should look at Pegasi names.

Cloud Chaser, Thunderlane, Midnight Strike, & Descent (one of the Shadowbolts) all have the right colourations for your Midnight Silver Metallic colouration: List of ponies/Pegasus ponies

Yeah well I got kinda close to the sixth one on your list:

BATTCAR

Mainly because she's black with chrome delete and the 21" twin turbines (she's a new delivery on 3/27 woohoo), and BATTMBL plus near every variation we could think of were already taken in our state (yes, I'm talking vanity plates and BATTMOB just didn't ring right), so BATTCAR it was.

doo doo
doo doo
doo doo
doo doo
View attachment 301258

That is an awesome name!

Reactions: mrbulk
With the addition of the Model X 100D a month ago to the Model S 75D in my family, we couldn't just refer to "Tesla" anymore and know what we mean, so we decided to name them. We're a bit of a sucker for superhero movies, so we thought we'd use that theme and after wracking our brains, decided to name them X-Force and Star-Lord, respectively. :)

Reactions: GTIceman and MarkKW