Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you PPF your new Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same area and still debating. do you expect phx to have more rocks flying around than other parts of the country?
what do you think of dust storms?

Honestly, an nice advantage of a full PPF installation is that if you are in an area with a ton of dust and you park your car for even 10 min, you get this slight dust layer. Drives me nuts after I just finished washing the car. With PPF, I just use a california duster when it has light dust and any slight swirls self heads in the sun. I LOVE my ppf.

Did a PPF on the front 1/4 of the car, mirrors, rockers ahead of the rear wheels and rear bumper cover for $1,200. Also, they wrapped the interior piano black parts. Best money I've ever spent for the following reasons:
1) No rock chips at 70,000 miles
2) Kids have wrecked the rear trim on the trunk dragging out toys and our ice skater has been incredibly destructive. She even swung her skating bag (that has a metal frame and doubles as a chair for putting on skates) into the rear window and busted it out. ... saw big black marks on the rear bumper yesterday from the wheels, buffed out of the PPF perfectly. The fact the rear paint has held up better than the interior trim at the trunk is crazy.
3) I got robbed of about $90,000 and was distracted. Didn't get the 3 completely in the garage and shut the garage door on the front bumper. PPF tore but was enough to trip the torque sensor on the door. It saved the paint underneath. Had the PPF replaced for $500. Good as new.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I'm in the same area and still debating. do you expect phx to have more rocks flying around than other parts of the country?
what do you think of dust storms?
I'm in the valley as well. Having had my M3LR for 4 years this month, I've eaten (actually my insurance company has) 3 windshields from rocks on the freeway. When it was new, I PPF'd the front bumper, fenders, hood and side mirrors. Not one single chip, literally. I'm thinking that's pretty good evidence that my investment was worth it. YMMV.
😎

Reactions: Proflig8tor
I got my full front done, and it was certainly worth it. 5.5 years and not a single scratch, rock chip, nothing. Front still looks brand new, (as does the rest of the car). So happy with the choice, when I received the 2023 Model 3, I didn’t hesitate. Same full front, headlights, mirror backs, etc. I expect it to hold up just as well!