Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did your Tesla come with a J1772 adapter or did you have to buy one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is also a nook in the back of the glovebox where it could be stored as well (or at least there used to be - not sure if it is in the newest cars). When I bought my CPO it had one shoved back there as well as one in my UMC bag, so I ended up with two. :)

There is also a nook in the back of the glovebox where it could be stored as well (or at least there used to be - not sure if it is in the newest cars). When I bought my CPO it had one shoved back there as well as one in my UMC bag, so I ended up with two. :)

It's gone in the newest cars, very irritating to have no good place to put it actually.

Reactions: Az_Rael
It's gone in the newest cars, very irritating to have no good place to put it actually.

Put it in the center console. Or did they stop including that too?
I find it fits perfectly in my center console.
IMG_20180507_164330.jpg

No, there was no adapter in my car. I called the SC and the original reps and was told that the charger package no longer includes any adapters outside of the tesla "standard". They forwarded me to the parts department to order this "option"..
Wow. I guess I got mine just in time. I took delivery March 17, 2018 and my car came with adapter.

No, there was no adapter in my car. I called the SC and the original reps and was told that the charger package no longer includes any adapters outside of the tesla "standard". They forwarded me to the parts department to order this "option"..

That is ridiculous. So the car no longer comes with the adapter for the most common public charging station connector?

According to this page it is supposed to come with the car: Model S Specifications

I would elevate that.